Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:24:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690962
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ITAR'S WORKSHOP Resin Dungeon KS. Open for PayPal pledges and latecomers  (Read 7924 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Itar's workshop have just launched their Resin Dungeon set on Kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554948184/itars-workshop-dungeon-terrain?ref=live

Great looking pieces at very reasonable prices and most importantly without the excessive shipping cost for those of us outside USA.
These are working out only marginally more expensive than dungeon tiles done in high quality printed card stock.

This is the basic $45 (34 euro) set:

Pledges come in double size (2X) or double double size (4X) with fully painted options.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:15:42 AM by robh »

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
very nice!  I also like the orc and cyclops/fimir skulls as an addon:

Even if I don't need a dungeon, I might just pledge for some of those sweet, sweet skulls.  Hopefully they might be useful to make orc skeletons?
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
I've ordered from Itar and got great service and quality (plaster) castings. I wish them success on this but speaking as someone with lot of dwarven forge stuff I would rate the utility of that selection of pieces pretty poorly. What you need to build most dungeons, honestly, is a crap ton of 2" straight walls, and about half as many corner pieces. The corridor pieces have much more niche utility. They have a bit more utility here than the dwarven forge model as these walls are fully 1/2" inch and so you can, in theory, more easily make use of both sides of a corridor wall, but still pretty niche. ESPECIALLY if you are trying to replicate a map in a module.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:47:56 AM by Spooktalker »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
I agree absolutely on the need for more walls, actually I suggested exactly that (and some trapped floor sections) on the KS comments earlier this morning.
I like the corridors though, much more resistant to being displaced by gamers fat fingers while moving minis.

My concern on these is how flat/smooth are the undersides going to be? especially the plain floor sections. Hopefully the fact that these will be spincast resin should make them better.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554948184/itars-workshop-dungeon-terrain

This project passed its funding a couple of days ago and is now pushing through the stretch goal add ons and extras. Collapsed sections, stairs and 45 degree corridor turns are now listed along with selections of coffins and tombstones.

A new pledge has been added for people just wanting accessories to fit with other ranges of dungeon pieces or for use with 2D floorplans or general gaming scenics.

Offline Arthadan

• Scientist
    • Forge of Doom Miniatures
The only thing I don't like about this is the low walls. They seem to reach only half the height of a door.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554948184/itars-workshop-dungeon-terrain

A lot of new accessories have been added to the list. A temple/shrine interior set, a torture chamber set, heavy iron chests, various statues and the "Basic accessory set".

Basic Accessory Set Pledge Level ($25)
The set contains:
3 long crates
3 square crates
3 open crates
3 closed barrels
3 open barrels
3 small barrels
6 wooden chests
4 grain sacks
2 open grain sacks
1 stack of grain sacks
6 urns
2 fire stands
1 brazier
1 campfire
1 burned out campfire
4 crystal formations
2 open coffins with lids
15 tombstones
1 sarcophagus with lid
1 mummy

Plus there are extra wall and corridor sections for the dungeon piece pledges.

@Arthedan:  I know what you mean (although to be fair, Hirst Dungeon doors are of fairly gigantic proportions).
I was considering adding an extra block to all the wall tops to suit my slottabased figures but having made some card mock ups of the pieces at the actual 1" height plus 1 1/2" and 2" high walls decided to leave the corridors as they are. Trying to get fingers into the narrow space to move small figures like rats, kobolds or gnomes gets much harder as the wall height increases.
I will probably still do it for the room walls though.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
I haven't convinced my better half to let me pledge for the big package but I'm working on it. When asked if she'd mind me spending "a lot of money for nonsense", she replied (after having heard the amount) "that's not even three pairs of shoes. I thought you said 'a lot of money'."

However, when I opened up the page and was seriously contemplating pledging, I got a something like "well, that's actually too much". A kingdom for a definite answer...  ;D
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
Hey, just want to stop in and take back that reservation I voiced earlier. Didn't notice the room set, which is just corners and walls. You could potentially get as many of those as you needed. I'm still not sure why the 3" wall rather than 2". All the modules I have are built on a 10' grid.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
New sets of statues and gargoyles have been added to the accessories and a  modular inn/tavern bar set has been added as the next stretch goal ($25k....about $1500 away)  to work with the tables and shelves that are already available.

Also a new goal of extra free dungeon wall pieces (at $28k) which if reached brings the 4 "set" pledge to 204 pieces for $180.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554948184/itars-workshop-dungeon-terrain?ref=live

That makes it a complete modular dungeon set, cast in brown or grey coloured resin, including the $20 shipping to Europe/UK  for less than $1 per piece.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:46:14 AM by robh »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Only 5 days remaining on this dungeon terrain KS now.

Total is approaching $34k and more extras (secret doors and 2" and 1" room wall sections) are included with the dungeon sets, the $180 pledge now gets 224 pieces of resin dungeon walls, floors and doorway sections. (62 cents per piece for European buyers and all shipped for only 15 euros!). Or put another way the whole dungeon delivered to you for less than the DF Kickstarter added for shipping cost alone.

Also available now as add ons are tall staircases, archways and several different sets of pillars including 2 different Egyptian styles.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: ITAR'S WORKSHOP Kickstarter. 77 piece resin dungeon for $45 shipped!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 07:07:24 PM »
Final 36 hours on this Kickstarter.

The $52K stretch goal has been reached so now each basic $45 dungeon set contains 77 pieces rather than the original 37. Cast in coloured (brown or grey...your  choice) non brittle resin and including US shipping.  So works out at only 58 cents per piece. 

The ultimate set has a massive 308 pieces for $180 shipped in US (and only $20 extra to ship worldwide)

If you have ever considered picking up a 3D modular dungeon set and baulked at the price per piece and/or shipping costs this is the best chance you are likely to see. You cannot print fold up card dungeons for this price.

There are loads of accessories and further floor, wall, stair and corridor tiles that can be added too.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 01:34:19 PM »
I failed my resistance roll last night. So in the distant future I'll hopefully be buried underneath a massive dungeon... Dungeon crawling in Middle-Earth... I see another project raising ist ugly (yet irresistable) head...

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 02:14:39 PM »
Final 36 hours on this Kickstarter.

The $52K stretch goal has been reached so now each basic $45 dungeon set contains 77 pieces rather than the original 37. Cast in coloured (brown or grey...your  choice) non brittle resin and including US shipping.  So works out at only 58 cents per piece. 

The ultimate set has a massive 308 pieces for $180 shipped in US (and only $20 extra to ship worldwide)

If you have ever considered picking up a 3D modular dungeon set and baulked at the price per piece and/or shipping costs this is the best chance you are likely to see. You cannot print fold up card dungeons for this price.

There are loads of accessories and further floor, wall, stair and corridor tiles that can be added too.

I might be missing it, but is there an image of all the pieces you get in the set? I saw a list, but I'd rather see it in a picture, so it's easier to grasp. But I'm REALLY interested...what an excellent deal!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »
There is:
 :-*

This is from the Sketchup file which can be used to plan/design modular layouts with the exact Itar pieces.

It is the $180 full set including the free extras but not the optional tall staircase sets, Alcove/Archways or Wells which are "paid for" add-ons.  Seriously, too good to pass up.  ENDS tonight.

Interesting discussion on the comments page currently about the properties of the shatterproof resin.