Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:00:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686668
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: super rules. an ongoing development.  (Read 1975 times)

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
super rules. an ongoing development.
« on: April 20, 2008, 12:26:51 PM »
so basicly a while ago my brother started to collect the DC collectors magazines with 90mm figureines. and we decided to make a wargame out of them., whichc was surprising because my borther has absolutely no interest in wargaming (blasphemer) but i managed ot get him interested. so far he has
-angel (from x-men, i know hes marvel but i brouhgt thatt one for him)
-the joker
-green lantern
-super man

the rules as of yet are just basic. i will ad them to the site later. we decided to go for the character card thing (WOTC style almost)

as for terrain we decided to use BIG boxes to try and stimulate terrain as much in scale without looking like godzilla game master.
 so we decided to ues lot of different boxes. we are not going to attach the layers so that we can create different compilations of buildings,
and have a ever different city. we are going to spray the whole thing dark grey.
 then sponge on doors and windows. later on we will ad interioirs and break away walls etc to make games more exciting.
here is a picture of one box builing combination with a playmobil cowboy for scale
 (sadly the only thing to hand at the time)

here are the rules atm.
- http://cyco-child2.webs.com/superfigs.htm
 they are very basic. but you have to understand the more complicated i make them the more my brother loses interest.
they are supposed to be designed for very basic games that will last around 30 mins so you can run a whole campaign in one night,
e.g. a fight along a street/then on top of a building/ then down an alleyway.
so far the only further devellopments i have in mind are
-roster sheets
-scenario ideas e.g save the civilian or races.
ALSO for civilians and us troops we have decided to use corp toys.
we are going to pose them suitably (firing/throwing a grenade) then super glue there joints so they stay. and base them with card or something.
any critcisms ideas or compliments welcome.  :mrgreen:
thanks
\p.s anyone feel free to pm me if they want to join in the devvelopment personaly.
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 03:10:30 PM »
Under weaknesses for Superman you need to also mention he is vulnerable to all magic.  If you are doing points he wold cost tons as he can do just about anything from hearing a pin drop across the globe to being arguably the fastest hero on Earth on land and in the sky.  His hits should be auto kills unless the player decides to hold back for some reason.  They would auto penetrate anything as well.

I do allot of superhero stuff and after tons of play testing Sup the only way to really play him with any chance of beating him is it has to be the Golden Age Sup where he wasn't as invincible as the modern day one.

If 10 wounds are your base then Joker should be a 2 and Angel maybe a 5.  Batman is one tough SOB so he would be a 9 or 10 and if Sup is wounded a 10 would seem sensible since it would be made of Kryptonite or magic.

Now this is all coming from a comic book freak that has been reading them all for over 30 years so I might be a bit to critical to who the characters really are.

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 03:32:14 PM »
good points but we didnt want make him invincible. (the idea is no one dies they just retire) and also you only get 100pts to spend on your team. then both players spend 100 between them on civilians. and take it in turns contorlling them. i have already printed and laminated them. its ment to be less litteral that just alterd enough to create interesting combat.