Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:40:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Deadzone Kickstarter - Funding Successful  (Read 32511 times)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Deadzone Kickstarter by Mantic
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 11:21:44 PM »
But are the Shops actively supporting/promoting the Games/Miniatures that are on the shelves

I agree that can be a problem but I can guarantee one of them tried pretty hard.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 11:58:39 PM »
Thank you so much for summing up my thoughts on this subject in just two paragraphs! :)

As for trying pretty hard - did they have release "days" for new Products, Run Demo Games (either by demand and/or bookings), special events days, promotions for specific Armies etc

ALL these things are important tools - and are either rarely used or underused.

I think (personally) a lot of FLGS got lazy because of the CCG Explosion - people wanted to play games all the time, products flew off the shelves, most Tournaments were run by customers who volunteered (I did so for Heroclix when it first came out) - and I think (again, it's a personal opinion) a lot of FLG owners ended up in a mindset that doesn't serve them well anymore.

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »
The kickstarter feels a bit like copying Sedition Wars with the first three factions. And they don't look very cheap...The Enforcers I bought in October have more miniatures for the same value.

So no, not really excited.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »
Does anyone know if these minis are going to be high quality resin or plastic, rather than the rubbish they used for Dreadball? I am unsure about following this project based on that alone. We chucked a lot of money into Dreadball and have been disappointed several times. Damaged goods, late delivery, delivery after general release, poor quality casting, poor quality material... :?

The rules and the game are very fun, I will give Mantic that, and the amount of stuff we got for 'free' was fantastic, but quality really lets them down. It must be really disappointing for the sculptors...

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 09:20:44 AM »
A terrain only pledge is coming
That sounds good. As I just wrote in the older thread about this subject, I didn't find one nor yet a way to pledge just for the starter sets. Perhaps that is coming as well, hmmm?

The kickstarter feels a bit like copying Sedition Wars with the first three factions
Yep, the Rebs even have a big bald heavy weapon guy -- surely not a complete coincidence. But given that, the lot should go fairly well together 8)

Anyhow I'm mostly waiting to see if/when they come up with a pledge for the terrain pieces. Then I might very well give 'em some money.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:24:58 AM by tnjrp »

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
That sounds good. As I just wrote in the older thread about this subject, I didn't find one nor yet a way to pledge just for the starter sets. Perhaps that is coming as well, hmmm?

Expect to see quite a few more add-ons as the KS develops, I don't think they want to put a terrain only pledge up until they have a good amount of terrain sprues which will come through further stretches.
The miniatures are made of the same plastic as Dreadball and Sedition Wars.  Having jumped on the Sedition Wars KS I know it isn't the best material and requires work however I believe they have spoken to the factory to reduce the amount of flash and mold lines on these so hopefully they'll come through on this.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »
Given the (almost) incessant (and often quite loud) whining of some who "got robbed" at SedWar KS, I personally found Battle for Alabaster minis material to be surprisingly adequately workable. So if it's the same stuff then OK. But I've heard that Mantic version of restic is actually softer so I don't really know who to believe o_o

ETA - BTW will all the minis involved come in coloured plastic and preassembled, or is it just the "basic game box versions" of the Enforcers and the Plaque that do?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:39:58 AM by tnjrp »

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »
Well it is definitely the same material as the Dreadball minis, I also have a a Forge Fathers army and some of those are also in the 'restic' material and I must say that they are much better than the Sedition Wars miniatures in that they have minimum mold lines and very little cleaning up needed in general.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »
Maybe I've just gotten lucky then because my B4A figs don't have anything excessive in regards to mold lines or whatnot. Of course I'm quite happy for Mantic if theirs are better yet 8)

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 09:48:26 AM »
Well I'm just checking for confirmation on this, the less you have to do to get miniatures on the table the better.

Offline Kitsune

• Mad Scientist
    • Mosquito on the Tenth Floor
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »
I think this is a pass having slept on it over the weekend. Terrain is good potential, but I'll wait for more variety.

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 10:33:30 AM »
Right chaps this is what Mantic have said about the miniatures:

the miniatures are the same plastic as our DreadBall miniatures, sometimes called resin-plastic - it captures detail very well and allows far more dynamic posing than the hard plastic of the scenery. We have spoken to our factory after the DreadBall models, and taken action to reduce the mould lines and flash on the figures.

I think this is a pass having slept on it over the weekend. Terrain is good potential, but I'll wait for more variety.

Depending on how far the KS goes (and it has potential to go very far) I think we will see a lot of additional terrain being added.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »
The bit about "more dynamic posing" might be taken to indicate that the minis will indeed all be preassembled.

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 11:02:47 AM »
You can take a look at some sculpts on Remy's blog http://remytremblay.sculpture.over-blog.com/

Offline Mick A

• Mad Scientist
  • Bring three and fourpence we're going to a dance..
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2013, 04:37:50 PM »
I love Necromunda and hope this will be a similar type of game. Right now I've pledged at the four starter units level but that may change if a scenery only pledge appears...
Digitus Impudicus