Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:42:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689499
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: C47 flypast - Offensive Miniatures at Battlegroup North this weekend!  (Read 1301 times)

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
Here are some shots of a little action I put on using our painted Para figs (don't tell the boss!)

Get those 60 rounds going!

A squad breaks cover!

Where did that come from?!!!!

A brave move to outflank that Tiger

German Paras move up

I am at Battlegroup  North at Elvington, Yorkshire this weekend with all the new releases. Promises to be a great show. There is even a C47 flypast weather permitting for all you Para-nuts!

See you there

BB

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Have you got a link to the show or a website with the relevant details on?

Darrell.

Offline Mahwell skel

• Librarian
Last year this was really great with loads to see with re-enactor displays that were spectacular and they were more than happy to show the equipment close up. The weather last year was also perfect with a Spitfire flypast and 2 blank firing 25lbders.

My children (4 and 6) enjoyed a lot.

Not sure if the format has changed this year? Wargaming wise I think it was mostly 20mm (WW2 of course) but I didn't spend too long looking as there was so much other fantastic stuff to see.

I can't go this year otherwise I would be there in a shot.

It's at or around the Yorkshire Air Museum near York http://www.yorkshireairmuseum.org/air-museum-news/all-set-for-battlegroup-north

Offline Kane

• Scientist

I am at Battlegroup  North at Elvington, Yorkshire this weekend with all the new releases. Promises to be a great show. There is even a C47 flypast weather permitting for all you Para-nuts!

See you there

BB

Just a flypast or an actual paradrop? Because if it is a drop that will be performed, it will most likely be with the C-47 "Drag-em-oot", an actual WW II veteran. Enjoy the event!
Daaaaaaaaaaaaah !

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Last year this was really great with loads to see with re-enactor displays that were spectacular and they were more than happy to show the equipment close up. The weather last year was also perfect with a Spitfire flypast and 2 blank firing 25lbders.

My children (4 and 6) enjoyed a lot.

Not sure if the format has changed this year? Wargaming wise I think it was mostly 20mm (WW2 of course) but I didn't spend too long looking as there was so much other fantastic stuff to see.

I can't go this year otherwise I would be there in a shot.

It's at or around the Yorkshire Air Museum near York http://www.yorkshireairmuseum.org/air-museum-news/all-set-for-battlegroup-north

Thanks for that  8).

Darrell.