Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 11:42:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697856
  • Total Topics: 118868
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Question about 10mm LOTR  (Read 10161 times)

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
Re: Question about 10mm LOTR
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »
Oh yeah, seeing those Orcs reminded me: Pendraken Fantasy minis tend to be a bit larger than their historicals. I don't have the Pendraken Fantasy range humans, can someone confirm this? The Dwarfs and Orcs at least seem bigger?

I think I have some of the Elves and othert stuff stashed up, I could take comparison shots, if someone wants them? Unpainted at this point, sorry to say.
I have these comparative shots but there are no Pendraken humans. Well there is one but it's historical:
http://javieratwar.blogspot.com.es/2009/05/10-mm-scale-comparison-among.html

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
I have these comparative shots but there are no Pendraken humans. Well there is one but it's historical:
http://javieratwar.blogspot.com.es/2009/05/10-mm-scale-comparison-among.html

Told you he was a 10mm God

I think with orcs it's not really a problem, for me, I'll see if I can get some Ds in a photo

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
Here you have some more pics of my little heroes in a dungeon bash:

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 01:58:31 PM »
Here goes, I apologise to the paintes for my shoddy camera work!

Picture one, copplestone human and three pendraken elves (or humans if you like and ignore the pointy ears!)

Three copplestone humans, this is to show the different bases: i cent (european), 1p and wooden disk)

I copplestone dwarf followed by three pendraken Ds (1 cent, disk, 1 cent, old half penny approx size on I cent)

Strip of pendraken (so they must be kallistra) copplestone, pendraken, copplestone

As you can see the pendraken ones are bigger but still clearly dwarfs

Copplestone D, Pendraken D, Copplestone Human, Pendraken Elf

Double coppletone orces on a 5 cent (european), pendraken goblin on 1/2 penny, copplestone uruk leader

Coppletone, copplestone, pendraken, pendraken skellie, pendraken beastman an pendraken elf

If you were going for ents be careful the pendraken one is small; Irregulay 6mm Ent, Copplestone Hobbit, Pendraken ent (perhaps you could use a 25mm dryad?)

Fianlly this shows the small nature of the ents compared toa GW dragon and giant

Hope that helps!

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 02:25:14 PM »
Your painted models are beautiful! Especially the Copplestone's and the Wyvern  :-* :-*

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 02:40:19 PM »
Thanks, but none of them we by me! I chose the colours!  lol

There are three different, no sorry 4, members handiwork amonst my horde. Can you guess who?

That leaves only you to convince to have a go at a few for me!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:42:30 PM by thebinmann »

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »
Okay I'm sold now on 10mm.  Awesome stuff.  I guess I've got some buying to do.

Offline Verderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 04:39:28 PM »
Ahha, but no pics of Pendraken historicals in comparison with their Fantasy?! lol

Which was kinda my fuzzy point, that their historicals do not necessarily match their fantasy figs in size? It's not a big difference (how could it be?!?) but noticeable in any case. Of course, if you play LoTR or Bofa, then shorter humans can be of the 'lesser men' ilk?

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2013, 05:01:51 PM »
Ahha, but no pics of Pendraken historicals in comparison with their Fantasy?! lol

Which was kinda my fuzzy point, that their historicals do not necessarily match their fantasy figs in size? It's not a big difference (how could it be?!?) but noticeable in any case. Of course, if you play LoTR or Bofa, then shorter humans can be of the 'lesser men' ilk?
The two to the right are Pendrakens. The human is historical and the skellie is fantasy. there are Pendraken fantasy figures like elves and such who are even taller than the skellie, so yes, the historicals are quite smaller in comparison.

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »
Thanks, but none of them we by me! I chose the colours!  lol

There are three different, no sorry 4, members handiwork amonst my horde. Can you guess who?

That leaves only you to convince to have a go at a few for me!
You have a PM

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2013, 05:05:20 PM »
Told you he was a 10mm God

I'll take your word concerning his divinity Adam, but he can certainly sling paint  ;)

Do you use a white undercoat Blacksmith? The bright colours on yours' make mine look dull and boring, I'm going to have to rethink my 10mm technique  :D
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »
I'll take your word concerning his divinity Adam, but he can certainly sling paint  ;)

Do you use a white undercoat Blacksmith? The bright colours on yours' make mine look dull and boring, I'm going to have to rethink my 10mm technique  :D
All those figures from the pictures above are black undercoated but now I'm using a different technique and grey undercoat. They turn out better with black undercoat but my eyesight has worsened with the age and now it's easier for me to paint with white or grey undercoat than with black.
Actually I'm considering to sell all my 10mm stuff and move to 28mm.
Your colours are not boring but mute and realistic and really good, I love them. How you paint the swords? I like the black effect on metal.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »

It was as luch his inspiration to do Orc's drift in 10mm as his painting, it has unlocked the three games workshop warhammer second ed box sets for me making them possible after sitting on my shelf gor yeras===ars.

Though he can sling that paint too

Adam

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2013, 10:16:44 PM »
How you paint the swords? I like the black effect on metal.

I don't, I just scrape the black undercoat off with a scalpel and buff it up. Keep it under your hat though, I don't want any customers to find out I cheat  ;)

So you've moved on to a grey undercoat, I've moved on to brown.  lol

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »
Irregular Miniatures have a 10mm pirate range, if anyone is still looking.

I have Pendraken gensdarmes and fantasy knights side by side in my 1525 army; size is a decent match there, at least.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:51:35 AM by FierceKitty »
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.