Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:42:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rangers lead the way!  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Cholly

• Scientist
  • Put the gun down.............Please?
Rangers lead the way!
« on: May 19, 2013, 12:31:29 PM »
After many years of just painting bits and bobs of this and that I thought I'd actually paint some stuff with the intention of gaming with it (haven't rolled a dice in anger for about 13 years!) and also decided I'd go for something different from what I'd done before, which was mainly small(10-15 minis) skirmish type games with fewer figures and no uniforms!! I'd always been impressed with games I'd seen at shows etc with masses of figures but always thought "I'd get soooo bored painting if it was just Roman after Roman, or Commando after Commando." This time I decided to take the plunge and went for WW2 for period and Bolt Action for rules. Picked up the rangers boxed set as a starter and ordered the rulebook and Armies of the USA and got to building. Of course, even with the help of a few people on here for some tips on squad make-up (cheers Aircav and Grant) I still managed to make a few minor errors in construction! Then came the painting. I have always had a small problem with painting plastics, too many gaps! And though i love building them I have a good few made placcies that have been waiting for paint for years, and I was determined that these Rangers wouldn't suffer the same fate so I ploughed in. I loved painting these guys, gaps and all, and the uniform issue so far hasn't even raised its ugly head. I finished my first squad last monday, haven't had a chance to do any more but wanted to post them up and ask for any comments, critiques etc from the people here as I am constantly gobsmacked at the excellence of the painting on here (just voted in the LPL and WOW!!) so here they are. Apologies for the ropey pics...

1st Squad Front by matthatuk, on Flickr

1st Squad BAck by matthatuk, on Flickr

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
Re: Rangers lead the way!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »
Weird sense of deja vu on these...  ;)

Great work - the stubble is well done, and the logo on the back of the helmet is a nice tough.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984