Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:00:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690924
  • Total Topics: 118358
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Infernal minions (Fractured dimension demon kickstarter, updated 9 june)  (Read 3516 times)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/138453512/infernal-minions-of-the-outer-planes

Good deal for $95
All this plus an extra 15 points at the moment to spend on some extra beasties. You can swap minis out as well to get what you want.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:11:06 AM by beefcake »

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Re: Fractured dimension demon kickstarter, up soon
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 08:05:58 PM »
First off, use names that don't have IP issues - as was the issue with the Center Stage Miniatures KS.

Secondly, when you select another name for that creature use that new name consistently. Do not use several names to refer to a particular creature! That is to say, try not to be confusing.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 05:47:34 AM »
I also thought that may be an issue, the IP. That's how otherworld gets around things I believe.
Which ones are the ones with several names?
The minis look very good though despite this.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 11:36:28 AM »
CS Miniatures had to change the names of at least one creature b/c of IP issues - at least that is my understanding of the events.

My complaint was that they had several devils/demons where they used different names at different times, or seemed to, so I wouldn't know if they were talking about the same demon or a different one. And they didn't post concept art for each demon so often there was just a name with no idea what it looked like. The assumption was perhaps that I could just look it up in some D&D book?!

Offline BigB

• Librarian
    • The Ocala Garrison
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 03:09:03 PM »
Many of names in the D&D books, especially of demons/devils were taken from other sources if I recall correctly.  The only ones I'm wondering about are the "Type" this or that demons.  Orcos, etc. have been in other sources long, long before TSR

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: Fractured dimension demon kickstarter has begun
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 06:20:59 AM »
Is begun. There's a few early birds left. He is what you get in metal for $95 ($90 with the early bird)
1 type 1 demon
2 type 3's
1 type 4
1 cambion lord
1 dispater
1 Garuda
1 titivalus
1 larva base
6 manes
6 dretch

Pretty good deal I think. Lots of add ons too. Not many freebies but you can't really expect that with metal minis this large at this price.

You can also swap minis out with others which is a pretty good thing I think.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/138453512/infernal-minions-of-the-outer-planes
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:25:55 AM by beefcake »

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 11:28:06 AM »
I like them. There is something really weird about them. Unfortunately I have been involved in just one too many kickstarters lately and will sit this one out. But good luck to this project.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline brettz123

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »
Hello,
   Thanks to Beefcake for posting this already.  We reached our goal in a little over two hours and hit our first stretch sometime while I was sleeping.  Hitting the first stretch means that the Type V Demon and the Abbat-dol Warrior I are available to all backers to buy or swap out.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 09:41:12 PM »
Looks to be a free mini every $15,000 medium size but heroes to fight all those beasties you'll be getting.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 06:09:32 AM »
No longer a free mini even 15k but a better deal instead, free points to spend on what you want. An extra 15 points for an infernal overlord backer has been unlocked. That would be 1 large demon for free. Can't believe this hasn't made more money than its at. It's a good deal. More points to be unlocked later as well. I'd be happy with the minis I'mm currently getting for this price. In 10k another 5 points are unlocked for each infernal backer but in 20k another 25 points are unlocked that's an extra large miniature or a big bunch of little minis.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
105 points of minis for $95 with the demon type 1 being a large mini at only 15 points or two type 3 demons for 25 points...
25 more points for free in about 14k that's a big demon
He's a pic of the stuff available for pledging at the moment.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hei, was wondering if any of you gents pledging for that Kickstarter could get me the "Solomon", one of the Kickstarter exclusive minis?
Would be great  :)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Finishes ia couple of days now so still a chance to get some Paul muller awesomeness.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
There's something strangely compelling about that Abe Lincoln Satyr Demon.  He stares at me. 
This is my boomstick!

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
I'm supporting this one. The sketches are weak but it's Paul Muller we're talking about, that's really the key to keep in mind. And look at how much of the project is not just sculpted, but actually cast, right now.

I've bought from FD in the past and got great service and great figs.

The breakdown is a little confusing but I think the sweet spot is your Duke of Hell for $180/190. The reward structure is pretty confusing but essentially at the current funding level I understand you get 260 "points" of figs here and free shipping which is roughly $312 worth MSRP or 43% off/40% off depending on whether you get the early bird.

If we can get to 35k, which is only 37 Duke pledges to put it in perspective, there is an extra 50 points added to the reward, meaning we get $372 worth and the savings is >50% off.

I think.  o_o