Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:20:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690464
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Desert Rats as 5th Indian Division for Eritrea 41 updated 01/02  (Read 15546 times)

Offline Kingscarbine

• Mad Scientist
  • Bayonets... Level!
    • Kingscarbine Miniatures
Re: Perry Desert Rats as 5th Indian Division for Eritrea 41
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »
Company B do the M11/39, Nuno :
Dunno about the Fiat 611 though : I can't think of any manufacturer doing one at the mo'.

Don't tempt me...  :D

Also useful: http://www.warlordgames.com/store/vickers-light-tank-mk-vib-western-desert.html
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:28:28 PM by Kingscarbine »

Offline Kingscarbine

• Mad Scientist
  • Bayonets... Level!
    • Kingscarbine Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 08:50:04 PM »
Are these all OK for IEA campaign or only some? http://www.empressminiatures.com/userimages/procart35.htm

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 02:54:26 AM »
Arthur,

Thinking specifically for WWII in North Africa, how do the Company B AFV's match up with the Perry/Blitzkrieg range?

Darrell.

Dunno, Darrell : I've never seen a Company B model in the flesh. The M11/39 is listed as 1:56 scale so should be compatible with Perry... at least in theory. Probably best if Company B honcho Brent gives us the lowdown on his models himself as he must know how compatible they are with the new Perry figures. And Brent conveniently happens to hang around these parts from time to time.  

Then again, it's not like we are spoilt for choice either : as far as I know - but I'm not very good at this WW2 stuff - it's the only 1/56-28mm M11/39 on the market.  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:06:21 AM by Arthur »

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 02:59:03 AM »
Don't tempt me...  :D

Also useful: http://www.warlordgames.com/store/vickers-light-tank-mk-vib-western-desert.html

Saw these as well in a recent Warlord newsletter and was wondering which are the best 1/56 Vickers models on the market. The Warlord models look good - and they're the desert version to boot - but I'm not the best judge of accuracy when it comes to AFV's - I'm an unreconstructed pike and shot/horse and musket man at heart, you see  :)   

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 03:04:13 AM »
Are these all OK for IEA campaign or only some? http://www.empressminiatures.com/userimages/procart35.htm

The Empress Askaris will work well as colonial battalions for the Somaliland and Eritrea campaigns : I have some and they are quite beautiful and delicate figures. It's just too bad Paul Hicks never got around to doing HMG crews for them.

I'm no expert on the period but I'd say the Italians will pass muster as well for the early war : they're not wearing puttees but I suspect the order of dress for infantry in North Africa could be quite flexible.

Offline scrivs

• Mad Scientist
    • Scrivsland
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 09:26:27 AM »
Today is the second anniversary of Scrivsland, the blog has not been updated much of late as pressure of work means that I've not had much painting or gaming time, but that changes today with four updates planned.

First off is a 1/56 scale BlitzKreig Miniatures M3 'Honey' Stuart that I have painted to use in support of my Perry Miniatures Desert Rats, not specifically for East Africa though as they only used Matilda II, but more in an upcoming post.

I've added more pictures and commentary along with details of the colours used on the Scrivsland blog
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:29:05 AM by scrivs »
Scrivland, my blog of wargaming ramblings: http://scrivsland.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline scrivs

• Mad Scientist
    • Scrivsland
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 09:54:12 AM »
As well as the Homey, I have also added support the Perry Miniatures Desert Rats I have been painting for the 1941 East Africa campaign I have painted up a pair of BlitzKreig Miniatures 1/56 scale Matilda II to (hopefully) represent infantry tanks from the 4th Royal Tank Regiment assigned to support the campaign.

As usual, there is more commentary and images, along with details of the paints used over on the Scrivsland blog

Offline scrivs

• Mad Scientist
    • Scrivsland
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »
I've just finished the last eight figures from my second box of Perry Miniatures Desert Rats, I'd already done the three infantry sections, so just the HQ of Officer, Sergeant, two Runners, Boyes Anti-tank team and 2" Mortar team:

As usual, more images and commentary on the

Scrivsland blog

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 09:33:34 PM »
Lovely painting, again!  I need to get my Italian AT guns painted up pronto...

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »
Dunno, Darrell : I've never seen a Company B model in the flesh. The M11/39 is listed as 1:56 scale so should be compatible with Perry... at least in theory. Probably best if Company B honcho Brent gives us the lowdown on his models himself as he must know how compatible they are with the new Perry figures. And Brent conveniently happens to hang around these parts from time to time.  

Then again, it's not like we are spoilt for choice either : as far as I know - but I'm not very good at this WW2 stuff - it's the only 1/56-28mm M11/39 on the market.  

Whilst I don't have the Perry miniatures, I do have some of Company B's models and they are spot on scale wise, the customer service is excellent too.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »
The Perry models go with ours very well.  Same scale and all.  And I picked up several boxes of the new perry crews to man my own paint ups of our Italian and German tanks.

We just happen to have extensive range of just about everything used in the desert by all sides. But we specialize in the Italians and British vehicles.

Just putting finishing hand detailed touches on the Dorchester master.  The British Bishop is also being sent to the printer this week.

Offline James Morris

• Mastermind
    • mogsymakes
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 08:50:05 PM »
I'm really tempted by some M11/39s; if I'm doing East Africa, that's the medium tank to have, I think.  According to my research 24 of these were in service in AOI; I know some fought at Agordat, and there seem to have been a few at Keren (though not much use there!)  I'll see what the finances look like, but kudos to Company B for offering such a wide range.  I had been planning to use Blitzkrieg M13/40s until I realised that these never arrived in time for East Africa..

Offline scrivs

• Mad Scientist
    • Scrivsland
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »
I've added a couple of Perry Miniatures Vickers Machine-guns to support my growing collection of Indians to use in the 1941 East Africa Campaign.

As usual, more pictures and commentary on the Scrivsland blog

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 03:34:08 PM »
Great stuff scrivs
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 07:33:30 PM »
Lovely work on an interesting campaign.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)