Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:36:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Q's on After the Horsemen... completely hacked off with Yahoo groups....  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Hi all,

a few questions about this ruleset - I've been trying to get on to the THW yahoo group for a couple of days but Yahoo hates me, so I thought I'd try over here instead!

I'm completely unfamilar with the detail of any THW ruleset other than Chain Reaction, so I'm a complete noob really!

1. Campaign rules - how soon after the apocalypse (whatever flavour) is it meant to start? If it's a while after, would it be possible to use the rules from their Zombie game to start at day 1?

2. What's the odds on being able to shoehorn in extraordinary characters, like say Alice in the resident evil movies?

3. What flavours of apocalypse does it cater for (I know it's more gritty than ATZ, but does it give options to add personal 'flavour'?

4. Any retailers carry them in the UK?

Cheers guys

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
Hi Cypher if you struggle to find what your after here theres a bunch of Zombie gamers over here.

http://boardofthelivinglead.proboards.com/index.cgi

I don't play ATZ myself but Vampifan the great resides heres as well as quite a few ATZ players who will be able to help out.

Vampifan is in the hospital recovering from a minor op at the moment (from a blog comment by his bro) so won't be able to answer straight away.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
After the Horsemen is set way after the apocalypse and are quite generic, they don't include rules for zombies, just largely human on human, they are true 'Post-Apocalypse' rules in that sense.

All Things Zombie:Final Fade Out will take you from Day 1 though and the supplements even further. You could create a 'Star' that has some of the attributes of an 'Alice', but the game is a bit more 'real' than that in essence. Wargames Emporium did stock the older ATZ rules, but I'm not sure about these as they are the latest and last edition of the rules.

Ed at Two Hour Wargames is the first port of call about the rules though, he's a nice guy and will answer queries.

Ditto Brummie's suggestion about the Board of the Living Dead... in lieu of Vampifan being around at present, try viewing his blog, it will keep you out of mischief for a while!

;)

Offline Diceplague

• Librarian
  • No, human... I´M power, knowledge is doom!
    • Diceplague Wargame Blog
ATH = solo "The Road" game
"Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas."
http://diceplague.blogspot.com.br

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Thanks for the responses!

ATH = solo "The Road" game

Playable co-op or GM'd then?   Looks like it could be what I'm looking for, but I think I'll have to pick up this and ATZ and hack them together. Hmm. Possibly more work than I want to do...

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Playable solo, co-op and GM'd, but the last is only necessary for several players.  I like THW products for the solo and coop play.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Diceplague

• Librarian
Playable solo, co-op and GM'd, but the last is only necessary for several players.  I like THW products for the solo and coop play.

Seconded!

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Seconded!

Thirded!

Short of immersing yourself in an RPG, they're pretty much as good as you'll get!  :)

Offline Diceplague

• Librarian
but I think I'll have to pick up this and ATZ and hack them together. Hmm. Possibly more work than I want to do...

If you want to play the zombie apoc or zombie post apoc I think you will be fine with just ATZ. After The Horseman is more about the struggle to survive in a world with few resources and the human conflict that comes with survival choices: making allies, shoot or be shot and those kind of things. BElieve me... you´ll not going to need zombies or mutants on the ATH world, humans can be as nasty...

Offline capthugeca

• Mad Scientist
  • “Life is too important to take seriously.”
    • Ten Mil Wargames

Thirded!

Short of immersing yourself in an RPG, they're pretty much as good as you'll get!  :)

Fourthed - a brilliant games machine.
I don\'t know whether to be a good example or a horrible warning.