Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 10:47:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: First Attempts at 15mm NEW PICS 14/10  (Read 9656 times)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Re: First Attempts at 15mm NEW PICS 11/08
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 03:03:50 PM »
simply WOW!

your style in 15mm is outstanding! makes me want to paint right now! *_*

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2013, 06:07:43 PM »
 This is a great thread.Just had a message from Mark Copplestone.He has a set of new Barbarian mounted hero's in the shop now.Very nice pices they are too.One mounted on a horse,one on a bear and the last on an elk.

Offline marcusluis

• Scientist
    • marcos painting blog
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »
Loving the 15mm copplestone northmen might have to get into 15mm fantasy, any good rule sets out there, used hott before but dont like DBM.. also those 15mm gaints are cool..

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »
Thanks for all your kind words. I must I'm really enjoying 15mm and look forward to growing my armies!

This is a great thread.Just had a message from Mark Copplestone.He has a set of new Barbarian mounted hero's in the shop now.Very nice pices they are too.One mounted on a horse,one on a bear and the last on an elk.

Thanks for the news! Those 'Northlander Warchiefs' look stunning (picture). I'd love to see Dwarves mounted on bears too!

Loving the 15mm copplestone northmen might have to get into 15mm fantasy, any good rule sets out there, used hott before but dont like DBM...

One word: Mayhem. Check 'em out!

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Re: First Attempts at 15mm
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »
50x50mm is the recommended base size for 15mm models in 'Mayhem', although as long as basing is consistent throughout your armies there shouldn't be a problem (I believe it is so stated in the intro).

I'm still thinking about ASoIaF in 15mm, using half-measurement Kings of War rules. That'd make a standard regiment footprint 50x40mm; not too far off Mayhem. You've convinced me to give the latter a go, too; so 50x50 for the two? A bit of flexibility, and 50mm square bases are a little more readily available too. ;)

Although on that note (and my point in posting): how much does base depth matter in Mayhem, particularly compared to frontage? I'd have a mind to base some units on 50x25, for a tad more flexibility and other reasons.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:47:52 PM by Vermis »

Offline marcusluis

• Scientist
    • marcos painting blog
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2013, 09:40:54 PM »
Just downloaded the mayhem rules, looking quite good..!

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2013, 09:12:32 AM »
I'm still thinking about ASoIaF in 15mm, using half-measurement Kings of War rules. That'd make a standard regiment footprint 50x40mm; not too far off Mayhem. You've convinced me to give the latter a go, too; so 50x50 for the two? A bit of flexibility, and 50mm square bases are a little more readily available too. ;)

Although on that note (and my point in posting): how much does base depth matter in Mayhem, particularly compared to frontage? I'd have a mind to base some units on 50x25, for a tad more flexibility and other reasons.

'Mayhem' does give recommended base sizes related to scale, but Brent also notes that, 'However, as long as both players' armies have the same sized bases, then any base size can be used. This allows players with armies based for other systems to use the MAYHEM rules.'  I think that square bases are preferred, but as long as base-depth is uniform there shouldn't be a problem. Obviously 2 50x25mm bases can be combined to make a 50mm square anyway, so there'd be no problem with that. The 'square-base convention' exists just to make it tidier when 'squaring up' (as the rules all it) fighting units. Whatever you decide, 'A Song of Ice and Fire' would look suitably epic in 15mm!

If you get a chance to use them, please share your thoughts and experiences.  Remember that the supplement dealing with magic, sieges and more is yet to be released.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2013, 05:34:39 PM »
Nice mini's Love the Dwarf's. I really like the look of Copplestone 15mm figures the new Commanders in the recent newsletter are superb!

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
Ta Funghy. :) I'll download the rules before too long and have a good look.

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 12:54:24 AM »
Funghy, the new additions look fantastic! :) Great game as well.

Cheers! And as Funghy said, I too look forward to hearing about your games. Magic, new units types, and a few other surprises are on the way soon. ;)

You said that you based them up on a 50mm frontage any reason why its not on the standard 40mm frontage    ? is it just  for the mayhem rules then ? all my  15mm HOTT, FOG, DBX  are on 40mm frontage .  :P
so 50x50 for the two? A bit of flexibility, and 50mm square bases are a little more readily available too. Wink
Funghy has it right. As long as both armies are based uniformly, then you will have no problems at all. So, your HotT, FOG, Warmaster, and DBX collections are perfect!  8)

The squares definitely keep interactions cleaner and eliminate much of the micro-positioning and odd interactions that can happen with variable base sizes and depths. The 50x50mm size was selected for 15mm to give a little more room for creative basing and mini dioramas. The extra real estate really comes in handy if you enjoy basing. As was already stated, 40x20mm and 50x25mm bases can be combined to form a single square unit.
'HAVOC... it's okay to wreak a little!'    <a href="http://www.bombshell-games.com/>bombshell games[/url]

Offline leegwonfu

• Librarian
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2013, 02:32:44 AM »
I'll add to all the accolades. Great paint jobs on all the figs! Those Orcs look especially nice!

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2013, 12:21:47 PM »
Not to hijack Funghy's topic even further, but has anyone else had problems downloading the rules from Wargame Vault? All I get are corrupted zip folders that are apparently empty anyway. (Why they need to be zipped is something I'm struggling to understand too)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:08:30 PM by Vermis »

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2013, 03:00:53 PM »
Not to hijack Funghy's topic even further, but has anyone else had problems downloading the rules from Wargame Vault? All I get are corrupted zip folders that are apparently empty anyway. (Why they need to be zipped is something I'm struggling to understand too)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! :( I just had a couple of my friends try downloading the files, and they didn't have any issues. I checked as well, and the files are intact. So, I don't think that it's a file or server issue. There are some rare browser based issues that crop up for a small number of users, and I'm going to PM you a link with some troubleshooting tips. But first, give the following a try:

The zip folders aren't my thing. Wargame Vault has a a specific file size that it automatically zips to improve download times. However, you can download all the components in the MAYHEM download individually. This would circumvent the auto-zip and hopefully fix your problem.  ;) Send me a message if none of that works.

Bottom line - I'll make sure that you get your game so that you can cause some MAYHEM! :D

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2013, 03:09:47 PM »
No delete button, so... please disregard previous moaning.  I fired up me decrepit old PC and it handled the download much better than the kindle. ;D  Looks like that was the problem.  Sorry!
I've got the rules, got the dice (My first D20s.  Ooh...), now for the minis. And the bases.  ;)

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2013, 03:26:47 PM »
Huzzah!