Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:43:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: IHMN: Mole Men vs. The Society Of Thule  (Read 2550 times)

Offline cameron

• Bookworm
    • Cameron's Tiny Little Men
IHMN: Mole Men vs. The Society Of Thule
« on: June 30, 2013, 05:48:33 PM »
I had a game of IHMN last night and was finally able to field my Mole Men. They performed admirably - with more than a little help from the dice - and wreaked havoc on the Prussians. Neither side was able to kill Swampy Jack by the end of the game, though, so it ended in a draw.

Some photos and thoughts here:

http://cameronstinylittlemen.blogspot.ca/2013/06/ihmn-society-of-thule-vs-mole-men.html

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Re: IHMN: Mole Men vs. The Society Of Thule
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 07:17:50 PM »
Cameron, that is some top-drawer Canada Day Weekend gaming.
Beautiful table and lovely minis, as always.

-Thomas
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Ebonstar

• Student
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 09:31:54 PM »
Wow! I love the molemen and well...everything about that post!

Offline El Guapo

• Student
  • I have a plethora of pinatas.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »
Brilliant post - was this a game at home?  If so, you have some beautiful terrain, I love the multi-level approach you've got here.  I also liked the little pools of blood under the casualties - very cinematic. 

Out of curiosity, what did you come up with for movement and decision-making for Swampy Jack?  It might be fun to try alternate methods of moving him in our group. 

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 08:48:57 PM »
Stunning ;ove it all, excellent miniatures and   setting impresive again form IHMN games

Offline cameron

• Bookworm
    • Cameron's Tiny Little Men
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 01:39:38 AM »
Thanks for the comments chaps. This was a game at home. The terrain is a mix of buildings from the old Mordheim box set, some resin WW2-ish ruins, and the bridge was brought home, painted as you see it, from the aquarium section of the local pet store. Plus my lovely Zuzzy latex game mat.

For Swampy Jack we just sort of came up with logical-feeling rules as we went along. The basic idea was that if there were targets within his charge range he would attack, deciding which one to go after by a random die roll. Once he was in a fight he would stay there until his opponent was dead or had escaped, then he would choose a new target. I liked that better than always attacking the closest target, because it made him seem a bit more manic, sometimes running right past tough fighters to chew on weaker rear-echelon guys, or climbing up walls to attack non-obvious targets. During the melee phase we resolved combats between our forces as normal, but whenever Swampy Jack was fighting a character, we rolled off to see which one got to attack first.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 05:54:44 PM »
Missed the first time around, pleased to have caught it this time.

Jack is a charming fellow, no? Hope we can try a few robo-beasts when we get some games up. I'd like to see some die modifying. Some beasts would favor a) easy targets, b) tough-for-glory, or c) now those, THOSE just taste good! Maybe, if three targets, 1-2 neutral target, 3-5 the former enemy, 6 for the poor lass that it may be too stupid not to attack. Sounds like the kind of thing we make up as we go along.

Lovely reuse of the 'Mole-Men'. Must say, from what I'm hearing from my chums, this rule set is good at that.

Thanks for sharing!

Doug

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 07:17:30 PM »
I love the table setup it works very well. I love your blood markers as well.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 08:32:15 PM »
Very entertaining. I like swampy jack. Even though it seems everyone pretty much ignored him lol