Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:40:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 531
Total: 536

Recent

Author Topic: IHMN British Rifle Company and Newfangled invention! (Greenstuff Adventures)  (Read 2133 times)

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
Following on from the photos of my attempts with greenstuff a couple of weeks ago, I have duly finished my British Rifle Company, complete with greenstuff arc rifle and steamthrower!

Inspired by El Guapo's pictures of his Russians, I discovered that taking pictures outside is much better than messing about with the lighting indoors!

The figures are Ironclad Miniatures' VSF British Infantry, and hopefully show the adapted figures quite well. There are more pictures and a company list as well as general waffling on the page on my blog: http://talesoftheblackcrane.blogspot.co.uk/

However, as for the STOMP: I'd love to hear your opinions on the idea for this, it's very much a work in progress, and I haven't yet actually playtested (on a basis of a. still painting opposition, b. lack of time and c. lack of opponents!) it so it may well be overpowered, going over the top somewhat, or just plain silly. (Actually, silliness is not a bar to using it  :) )

The S.T.O.M.P (Steam-Throwing Ordnance for Military Personnel):

The S.T.O.M.P was the brainchild of a sapper working in the Indian Arsenal. Having scolded himself on hot steam when boiling a kettle, the inventor realised the potential for weaponsing such an effect to create an effective heavy weapon to support British Army Rifle Companies. Having been rebuffed through channels, he took it to the Empire Tea Trading Consortium and pitched it as a weapon which could be used around the tea-fields of the Empire without causing the unfortunate destruction of the crop which flamethrowers had a tendency to do. The ETTC asked for a prototype, and on successful trials of the first model began to disperse it to British Units supporting the ETTC in the subcontinent.

*Steam Burst: Due to the high pressures involved, there is a chance that the housing may give way - if this happens, all figures within a 3" radius suffer an immediate attack unless they can make a successful pluck roll which suggests they noted the imminent bursting of the pipers and successfully evaded the jets of hot steam. Each time it fires roll a D10 - on a 10, the pressure build up was too great and a steam burst occurs. The Engineer can spend 1 turn repairing the mechanism, or disgard it.

**Mysterious new-fangled weapon: Due to the strange and surprising nature of this weapon, on its first use the pluck modifier for target figures varies. Roll a D10:

Roll 1: Pluck Modifier -4
Roll 2-4: Pluck Modifier -3
Roll 5-7: Pluck Modifier -2
Roll 8-9: Pluck Modifier -1
Roll 10: Steam Burst

On subsequent uses the modifier is -2

S.T.O.M.P: Steam-Throwing Ordnance for Military Personnel                     

Shooting   SV   Range   Hnds   Pluck   Cost   Notes   
Steamthrower   2   9"   2   -4/-2   17   Steam burst*, split fire, group attack, incorporates 'strongman' talent, mysterious new-fangled weapon**   

Hope that the table is clear, if anyone can tell me how to import excel tables I can stick my company list up too. Sorry it's turned into a bit of a mammoth post, thoughts welcome!

Cheers
Rob

Offline El Guapo

• Student
  • I have a plethora of pinatas.
Thanks for the nod, good sir.  Your British Rifles look outstanding, if I do say so myself.  I especially admire your greenstuff weaponry, as I've never really had the skill to work with it like that!

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
Nice job. I Like them a lot. I'm planning something similar myself.

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
Thanks gents, I'm pleasantly surprised by how the greenstuff came out actually; mind you, a healthy dose of black wash over the painting made it look much better than it did initially!

Edit: this is the actual link to the proper page

http://talesoftheblackcrane.blogspot.co.uk/p/in-her-majestys-name-british-army.html

The home page just has photos but no details... I really ought to have combined them...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
I like the look of these fellas, sir.
Bloody splendid!
 8)

The GS work has come out well.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
Very effective.