Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:20:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689841
  • Total Topics: 118300
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: These are not the monkeys (humans) you are (I am) looking for!  (Read 2213 times)

Offline marko.oja

• Scientist
    • My Photobucket
Greetings all,

If (only) my bid for editing yet another book goes through I thought I'd treat myself to some "Nothing like the Planet of the Apes" minis by Graven Images http://www.monolithdesigns.co.uk/cliffhanger.htm (thanks bandit86), if I can find suitable models for humans (both "native" and "pilots"). The scale - 1/48 - is a bit of a problem, but I'm sure someone will know of a manufacturer who makes these, so please let me know!

Cheers,
Marko
Currently painting: Black Hat Three Musketeers range.

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
Re: These are not the monkeys (humans) you are (I am) looking for!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 03:57:19 PM »
You and me both.

For pilots, you might try any of the 1/48 plastic ranges like Tamiya - some of their traditional pilots might work with a little conversion. But the build would be quite slight compared to the Monolith range, which are quite chunky.

I've yet to find anything really good for the feral humans. If you're a member of the Monolith Yahoo group  you'll have seen the ranges for 'Prehistoric Europe' - some possibles there, but nothing really 'caveman-y'. But if you do a bulk order of all the apes, apparently there's also a chimp figure available.

But unadvertised. For some reason, new releases are never posted on the Monolith website - you have to join the group and rely on pictures of greens being released in dribs and drabs - a load were promised a couple of months ago but nothing has materialised. It's a weird way to run a company, as if they actively want to deter people buying their stuff. Which is sad, because the figures are really excellent. I'd buy more if only I got the impression they wanted my custom!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:33:26 PM »

But unadvertised. For some reason, new releases are never posted on the Monolith website - you have to join the group and rely on pictures of greens being released in dribs and drabs - a load were promised a couple of months ago but nothing has materialised. It's a weird way to run a company, as if they actively want to deter people buying their stuff. Which is sad, because the figures are really excellent. I'd buy more if only I got the impression they wanted my custom!

I don't get that either. Extremely talented sculptur, ranges with interesting fluff but no web store, poor updates and miniatures scaled all to hell.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 05:52:16 PM »
Speaking of Monolith - does anyone know if the "Kev Adams' From Beyond" line is 28 mm??
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline capthugeca

• Mad Scientist
  • “Life is too important to take seriously.”
    • Ten Mil Wargames
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »
does anyone know if the "Kev Adams' From Beyond" line is 28 mm??

'Fraid not. They're 40mm as well. Shame isn't it. Those mummies are fantastic.

I don\'t know whether to be a good example or a horrible warning.