Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:15:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stickies?  (Read 3612 times)

Offline DRDHauser

• Bookworm
  • Hey, you kids, get off my lawn!
Re: Stickes?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 09:41:44 PM »
Oh dear lord there was one that used to hang out around Ronald McDonald stealing bad hamburgers!

I suspect he was selling them to Finland in violation of franchise agreements!

The sticky is a great idea; one stop shopping for techniques, tips and tools.
Chickens got livers? I'm gettin some!

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
Re: Stickies?
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 10:11:40 PM »
YES im deffinitely up for this it would be a brillliant place for us all to share techniques (in other words for prof to teach us how to paint mwah ha ha)  lol
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 05:17:11 AM »
Oh dear lord there was one that used to hang out around Ronald McDonald stealing bad hamburgers!

A molotov cocktail would have good effect on this type  :o
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Online Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 08:20:45 AM »

A molotov cocktail would have good effect on this type  :o

You said it, sister!

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 03:47:59 PM »
You know, if Tove Jansson is anything to go by, those endless brooding forests have seriously f**ked with the psyche of the Finn. I think the UN should consider finding them a new homeland. Somewhere sunnier and with less trees.

They then probably wouldn't have so many good rally drivers, though. There's always a downside to everything.

I'm sure there was a rally driver called Hattivatti. Maybe the Finns actually grow their rally drivers from seeds, too?

Oh, and sorry for ruining your topic, Hammers. Feel free to ruin one of mine in return.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 03:52:55 PM by Plynkes »
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
I did not realise that Finns were not considered to be Scandinavian. They display the Scandinavian trait of not being able to line up the cross in the centre of their flag (which I have always put down to drink). That must be what threw me off.

The Finnish form is, I believe Hattivatit. Whatever you call them, the damnable, unnerving things still haunt me.

Scandinavia consists (what should be clear to anyone ever seeing an SAS-airplane) of Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. Why Denmark is part of Scandinavia for, I don't know, as the Scandinavian Peninsula is covered only by Norway and Sweden. But maybe it stems from the days when Norway and part of Sweeden was Danish...

The 'North'(?) consists of Scandinavia + Iceland and Finland. (and the Foroyar - but technically they arepart of Denmark, even though they have their own flag).

And about the cross - which version resembles a christian cross the most (try hanging a Nordic flag from a horizontal pole)? ;-)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline DRDHauser

• Bookworm
  • Hey, you kids, get off my lawn!
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 06:50:06 PM »
I seem to recall that the Finns and Magyars had a common link. As they came west one tribe went south and one went north. I've also heard the languages have similarities. I've been to Budapest in Hungary never to Finland; so I couldn't say personally.

Hmmm or perhaps there is a tunnel connecting the two peoples--but now I seriously diverge and we are getting into pulp--apologies.

Online Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 07:49:21 PM »
I seem to recall that the Finns and Magyars had a common link. As they came west one tribe went south and one went north. I've also heard the languages have similarities. I've been to Budapest in Hungary never to Finland; so I couldn't say personally.

They are both Finno-Ugric peoples along with Besermyans, Burtas, Chuds, Erzya, Estonians, Karelians, Komis, Komi-Permyaks, Udmurts, Mari, Merya people, Meshchera people, Mokshas, Muromian people ,Sami (Lapps), Setos, Izhorians, Livonians, Veps, Votes, Székelys, Csángó, Magyarabs, Jászs, Khanty and Mansis.

Yes, I rattled those off without looking the up. And I never lie. ::)

And Ingermanlänningar, I forgot them, didn't I?

Offline Jules

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 11:07:58 PM »
To return to the question - we always get the old chestnuts - about scale, Also a links section would be great.

I would think you could create a separate section for buildings and terrain and have similar stickies for these.  My only issue (apart from the fact everyone appears to be better at painting than me) is that there is so much great stuff to trawl through I lose sight of it after a while.