Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:40:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tri-City Laser Hotel teasers...  (Read 5770 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Tri-City Laser Hotel teasers...
« on: July 26, 2013, 02:07:03 AM »
Got these pics on my phone today from Lee over at Tri-City Laser.

This is going to be a massive 12"x12" hotel...details to follow when I get them.

2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Jase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: Tri-City Laser Hotel teasers...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 06:24:37 AM »
That looks very nice!  :-*

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 07:26:48 AM »
Wow! That is a beauty and a beast!

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 08:20:34 AM »
 :o wow indeed. Yet another great hotel that makes me want to scrap my scratch built one.

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 11:53:51 AM »
 :o That is gorgeous  :-*

Offline starkadder

• Mad Scientist
  • I'm just going outside...
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 11:58:09 AM »
I am disheartened.
That is so glorious, it makes my foamcore, balsa and bamboo effort look trite and horrible.
It requires less mental effort to condemn than to think - Emma Goldman

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 01:12:26 PM »
Oooh!
That looks very nice, indeed.
 8)

A serious contender.

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 02:33:32 PM »
I agree with Gutbukkit and starkadder. The one I started look like crap in comparison...looks like I'll be spending more money....AGAIN!!!!! Dang TriStar...you're killing me...or at least ruining me financially!! :'(
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 07:56:48 PM »
As usual Knuckleduster (and in turn Caliver Books) will be the shop to go to.  I'd expect a $75-100 pricetag judging by the size.  I'm dreading my eventual large purchase of some "super building" :D  lol

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 11:30:20 PM »
Now that is well nice!!! Quick everyone, what's the comparison to Sarissa's corner hotel???  ;)
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Clint Eastwood

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 10:34:44 PM »
Thanks for the compliments. The design isn't finished yet and it will be a while before it is on the market. Maybe a month or two. I'm not sure how much it will cost yet either. I'm guessing the price will be between $100-$150. It will be decked out with interior details. Like a bar, stage for dancers, tables, and rooms. I may do a stripped down version that will be cheaper for those not wanting to drop $100 plus. Check Knuckleduster for a release date. I will post some pics later when I get a more finalized design. Don't worry about price Oscar I will give you one of the prototypes since you are always helping us out.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 10:48:03 PM by Clint Eastwood »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 11:08:55 PM »
Well, we'll talk and maybe I can push/sell some of the new stuff at conventions next year, I'll be trying to hit a half dozen at least.  I got to see the livery up in Charlotte at a buddy's and I'm a big fan.

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 05:07:28 PM »
I certainly agree that it looks like a stunning piece and would be a great centerpiece for any game. What I don't like is that lack of windows on the second floor. Now I know that makes sense when you look at the internal layout but when you look at movie set corner saloons and hotels there is typically a full bank of windows on the two street facing sides. I think the corner saloon from Gamecraft has the right "look" in that respect (there is almost nothing else I like about the Gamecraft building though). If you have the time you might want to just step back and look at the building from that context. Other than that I think it looks great it definitely has the length that I have been looking for in this style of building.

I have links to a number of movie production sites used for westerns if you want to take a look. Go to http://www.wargamesandrailroads.blogspot.com/ Links will be on the right hand side and you have to scroll down quite a bit to get to them. They are titled Old West Building Inspiration.
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Offline sotek486

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 04:58:47 AM »
Damn that is sweet!!!!  Sign me up for one!!!

Offline Clint Eastwood

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »
I certainly agree that it looks like a stunning piece and would be a great centerpiece for any game. What I don't like is that lack of windows on the second floor. Now I know that makes sense when you look at the internal layout but when you look at movie set corner saloons and hotels there is typically a full bank of windows on the two street facing sides. I think the corner saloon from Gamecraft has the right "look" in that respect (there is almost nothing else I like about the Gamecraft building though). If you have the time you might want to just step back and look at the building from that context. Other than that I think it looks great it definitely has the length that I have been looking for in this style of building.

I have links to a number of movie production sites used for westerns if you want to take a look. Go to http://www.wargamesandrailroads.blogspot.com/ Links will be on the right hand side and you have to scroll down quite a bit to get to them. They are titled Old West Building Inspiration.

I got my inspiration from this pic.
http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/arizona/GrandPalaceHotelAndSaloon.php
It does have more windows than my design. I was thinking of using a fancier type window frame similar to what they have in the photo. I may also try to squeeze in some more on the street facing sides. I kept the windows to minimum to decrease the overall cost of the building. I try to keep everything in mind when designing a building. Not only do I think about making the design historicly accurate but I also keep the gamer in mind. More windows means less walls to hide behind plus cost will go up. At the same time it means less windows to shoot out of and less detail. I try to wait till I get feedback before I finalize a design and put it on the market. Thanks for your input Heisler.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:15:41 PM by Clint Eastwood »