Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:58:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: PMs not working properly  (Read 3730 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
PMs not working properly
« on: May 10, 2008, 07:02:31 PM »
I've been replying to and generally looking at old PMs today and the links assumedly pointing to a certain message opens a completely different one.

For example: I look for an old message from Grimm, find and click on it and a message from meniobesta from two months earlier opens.

New feature  or error?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: PMs not working properly
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 09:41:15 PM »
I guess, an old-forum-to-new-forum import error. The old one had two database tables for the PMs, one for the PM texts and another for the PM ID's and titles. Actually a bit dull, imho. That means, if for some reason, two tables would receive wrong queries between the titles and textes, we would see this sort of mystery... :D

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 09:07:53 AM »
I only get the error when I alter the sort criteria (show latest message first, for instance). Must be a faulty relation between the message text and the date...?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 05:10:52 PM »
I had a problem early on where messages were being sent, but not reeived at the other end. It seems to be working fine now though.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 03:10:01 PM »
I've just attempted to send two PM's and I don't know if I'm just thick or something, but they don't appear in my outbox, so I'm guessing they're not being sent?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 03:53:48 PM »
I've just attempted to send two PM's and I don't know if I'm just thick or something, but they don't appear in my outbox, so I'm guessing they're not being sent?

no worries, they are :) next time if you're going to send PMs just check  "Save a copy in my outbox" button on the left side below the message.

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 04:50:07 PM »
Why yes, I am thick then :D

Better keep my eyes open in the future for other needful checkboxes lol

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 07:32:22 PM »
I've been replying to and generally looking at old PMs today and the links assumedly pointing to a certain message opens a completely different one.

For example: I look for an old message from Grimm, find and click on it and a message from meniobesta from two months earlier opens.

New feature  or error?

No feature, no error. I had it too and now I can explain it. The PM's in the private message area have numbers, the latest received one is the Nr.1 , the next is Nr.2 and so on. So it can happen while you're opening the PM area that some seconds after opening someone sends you a PM, that newly sent one is now the Nr.1, but you see the "old" list with the "old" Nr.1. That old Nr.1 is now the new Nr.2.

So you just only need to refresh you PM area list to get the right list of messages.

Now hope someone did understand that explanation...  :)