Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:13:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Diakons Fantasy Warbands - Multi-Racial Followers Of The Dark Gods (31/05/14)  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
Some okay-ish camera phone shots of a skeleton warband I've been working on. Plan to use them for a skirmish game but haven't decided on, or bought, a ruleset for it yet. The models are mainly 80's/90's citadel with a few others that I've seen on e-bay. The Two scythe wielders are Citadel C series, The archer is a bit newer, late 80's/early 90's I think. The Liche though I have no idea??? Picked it up on e-bay 'cos I liked it so if anyone can identify it I'd be pleased.

In the pipeline I have two citadel Fantasy Tribes skellies: One is tiny with a spear, the other is a Skeleton Lord with a sword and cape. And a skeleton horseman wearing pretty ornate armour. Pics posted when painted.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:40:20 PM by Diakon »

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Re: Skeleton Warband for as yet undecided fantasy skirmish
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 11:03:09 AM »
Nice, proper grubby skeletons.  8)  I think the archer was a Marauder sculpt, always liked that one.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:20:06 PM »
The archer is indeed a Marauder sculpt, MM50/6 A, The Liche looks like a Grenadier sculpt, but could be Ral Partha.

Either way as already stated before these are great :)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 04:07:54 PM »
The Old Bones never looked better. It's good to see the Guys get BEAUTIFUL paint jobs & bases. The color choices give them a suitably, long dead look. VERY WELL DONE!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:44:23 PM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 04:58:32 PM »
Nice job really like them. Quite like the mage

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 09:52:57 AM »
Cheers guys. High praise indeed DeafNala. I'm working on the skeleton horseman today. If I get it finished while there's still daylight then I'll get some pics. If not then tomorrow.

Also my friend took some photo's of my skellies with his camera. To be honest I don't think they came out that much better than the phone pics so I won't bother posting them here but here's a link to the Imgur page http://imgur.com/a/932zh
A few pics of my sci-fi stuff there too.

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 12:43:01 PM »
Really like these. Really characterful models with matching paintjobs.

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
Re: Skeleton Warband - New Members 16/04/14
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 04:23:33 PM »
Couple of new additions to the warband. First up a Citadel Fantasy Tribes Skeleton Lord from 1982 (The year I was born  :D).

Secondly this is The Haunter from the early 90's board game, Dark World. Thought this guy would fit into this warband well.

Here's an updated group shot.

Finally, my girlfriend and I made these Plaster Of Paris tentacles. They're eventually going to be a big scenery piece, a mass of writhing tentacles. These were made from a cast of a toy dinosaurs tail. Cast made of Liquid Latex. Pretty pleased with them. The colours were a white undercoat followed by a load of coats of various green and brown washes. At one point I drybrushed some light green onto them between washes. Finally there were some irregularities in the casting which I thought looked like wounds so I used a little GW Bloodletter (glaze) in them to make them look bloody. Finally a coat of gloss varnish to make them appear wet and slimy (although this made them really difficult to photo). I might try and dull it down a bit with another wash and then re-photo them.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 09:10:22 AM »
Lovely stuff...nice little warband!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 10:32:15 AM »
I really enjoy these old citadel skeletons. Its great to see them with a paintjob and a proper base.

This dude in particular:

I think I might need to get one of those for my self.

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 04:48:07 PM »
My girlfriend and I have been working on some fantasy terrain over the last week or so. The trees are made from pipe cleaners coated with modrok (plaster coated bandage type stuff) and the foliage is Woodland Scenics lichen. The mushrooms are made from Miliput, using Whiskey bottle corks as armatures. The other various bits of odd fungus (inspired by Nausicaa) are just random objects or balls of leftover Miliput coated with GW textured paint.
I rebased the hasslefree demonette on altar for this project but she's pretty badly painted (years ago) so I won't be taking any close ups  :D.
And that's a Warhammer Quest doorway in the back there.

Hope you like.

PS. Please ignore the dusty table  :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Skeleton Warband - Now with Terrain (26/04/2014)
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 09:20:21 PM »
I spotted the Warhammer Quest doorway immediately.  lol

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 10:59:08 AM »
I spotted the Warhammer Quest doorway immediately.  lol

They're really useful. Needless to say I got a load more kicking about that I'm planning to use at some point. It's a sunny day today so I might try to take some pictures of the bits with mini's on them today (and dust the table  lol)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 05:11:14 PM »
I wonder if they're worth a lot - since WHQ has such a following.  Make sure you can't sell them off on ebay for a good chunk before you start using them.  :)

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 06:31:55 PM »
I wonder if they're worth a lot - since WHQ has such a following.  Make sure you can't sell them off on ebay for a good chunk before you start using them.  :)

To be fair man they were given to me by a friend to use with this project 'cos he lost the dungeon tiles in a move at some point over the last 10-15 years or so. It'd be a bit tight on him if I sold them on.

My earlier comment about it been a sunny day was ill advised. Grey and miserable since about 2 minutes after I hit send. Maybe tomorrow for new pics.  :D