Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:06:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fate of a nation - Flames of war Six-day war supplement  (Read 4264 times)

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
Fate of a nation - Flames of war Six-day war supplement
« on: August 17, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »
Have to say I'm actually looking forward to this...

This was posted on Wargames Illustrated's Facebook page, more info in WI311 out 24th august apparently. The supplement will be out with WI312, so late september perhaps?

I have loads of FOW but stopped playing a few years ago. Almost started again with the Vietnam-supplement.

But this might get me back in...

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Re: Fate of a nation - Flames of war Six-day war supplement
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 07:18:41 PM »
Well, I'd heard rumours, but I'm still surprised. Awesome news, although I do feel a bit sorry for a few guys out there who have been working hard on similar 'unofficial' stuff for both '67 and '73, which was looking quite good too.

I'll buy it and I don't play FoW... I like their books.  ::)

Offline soldieroftheline

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 08:46:50 PM »
Six-day war only? Will there be another one for Yom Kippur? I'd be much more interested in that, although I've never actually played FOW.

Will there be models as well? Could be very useful for AK-47 gamers!

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »
Well, I'd heard rumours, but I'm still surprised. Awesome news, although I do feel a bit sorry for a few guys out there who have been working hard on similar 'unofficial' stuff for both '67 and '73, which was looking quite good too.

I'll buy it and I don't play FoW... I like their books.  ::)

I had a hunch this would come since basically all the vehicles are already done, but yes, I'm quite surprised too!
Some of those unofficial supplements looked really good, I've never seen anything complete though?

Six-day war only? Will there be another one for Yom Kippur? I'd be much more interested in that, although I've never actually played FOW.

Will there be models as well? Could be very useful for AK-47 gamers!

I don't know, guess we will have to wait and see. When the Vietnam WI supplement came they said that was just a one off thing, but it developed into a whole new range.
Most of the vehicles are already done, they are in the Vietnam range, I don't know if they are going to repackage that or just sell separate decals and stuff like that.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
If they follow their usual model, I would expect the '73 War and any others to be the subject of separate books... that's not a criticism btw... just how it seems to work. For a 'tank heavy' system, I'm only surprised they didn't go with Arab-Israeli before now.

They tend to make every common model needed (and a few more besides), so expect Israeli half-tracks, BTR-152s, BTR-60s to add to what has already been made for Vietnam.

On the whole I can't see it being anything but good news for 15mm 'moderns' gamers, but I'm sure someone will find something to moan about.

;)

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »
This might tempt me actually - as arlequin said its such a tank heavy game I just can't get my head around the ww2 or especially Vietnam versions even though the books and models are so well produced.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »
I have large collection of Arab-Israeli Wars in 6mm, these supplements will be handy for sure. Fun game, better in 6mm to avoid the parking lot look.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »
I missed that it was a 'supplement' in WI... but then that is how 'FoW Vietnam' began too.  :)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 06:31:18 AM »
I love the idea.  It's been so long since I played FOW that I can't remember how good the system is for tank-vs-tank combat.  I would have preferred a more comprehensive book covering the various wars.

I also immediately hoped that Plastic Soldier Company would get on board with a line of vehicles.

lol  Nice to see some more/diverse modern stuff being pushed to the forefront.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!