Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rakshasa?  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Vauln

• Librarian
Re: Rakshasa?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 03:18:25 AM »
I have really been trying to stay away from the Weretigers as they are not true Rakshasa. The backward hand thing is pretty easy to convert, and I will be converting the one Female Weretiger I ordered from Reaper, though was hoping to stay away from converting ALL the minis. I think I may order a couple from the Alkemy line. Vusimuzi from Black Orc looks like what I am going for, he would be pretty easy to convert, just chop off the hands and swap 'em.

Offline Vauln

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 03:32:35 AM »
This is what I am looking for...

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 06:05:54 AM »
Are rakshasa meant to have backwards hands? I think I remember reading that in a monster manual. Easy conversion though.

Edit: so hadn't read page two posts, sorry!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 07:19:10 AM »
Are rakshasa meant to have backwards hands? I think I remember reading that in a monster manual. Easy conversion though.

I was surprised to read that, but yes, apparently they do. There is a fairly good article about the background of who or what they are in one of the Pathfinder adventures. Up until now I didn't know that. I'm not quite sure why they have These backward Hands, though.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Vauln

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 09:56:44 AM »
I understand that it has something to do with their aberrant nature. In the Players Handbook 2 detailing Deva's it says 'Most devas are fiercely committed to the cause of good, because they fear what they might become if they turn to evil: A deva whose soul becomes corrupted risks being reborn as a rakshasa.' I found this interesting.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 11:26:41 AM »
What someone needs to make is a were tiger with multipose hands/arms.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 12:21:56 PM »
What someone needs to make is a were tiger with multipose hands/arms.

I fear were tigers might just be a Little too exotic to draw many customers. And multipose arms and hands are bound to make the model more expensive.

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »
This is what I am looking for...

I'll make one for you... Not entirely for free mind.

Offline Vauln

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 03:27:27 AM »
I was getting ready to put an order in for some of the Alkemy minis and then looked at the shipping, NOPE! The company I have used before in the states is out of stock for the minis I wanted so I guess I am SOL. I have received the order from Reaper, the Female Weretiger should work out well, guess I will have to settle with her for now.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 09:10:24 AM »
Spotted this chap today hands aren't right but your could always swap em over

http://www.spellcrow.com/tigerian-hunter-p-59.html

Offline Vauln

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 03:31:48 PM »
Brummie, I keep going back to that figure from SpellCrow, really like him. That is probably the closest sculpt to the pic I will ever find. The real problem is the price plus shipping for one little mini, I can't seem to pull the trigger. If I could find him in the States I would probably get him though. The other concern is the scale, he looks a little bulky and definitely is to a heroic scale. The conversion would be pretty simple, I would lop off the hands above the bracers and swap them. Thanks for the feedback.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog