Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Kickstarter WWI Pictorial the Walter Koessler Project 1914-1918  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
I think this is a pretty exciting project. This gentleman is going to produce a book with the images his great-grandfather took as a German officer during WWI. His family has taken care of the pictures and the negatives for almost a 100 years and he has decided to scan the images and create a WWI pictorial. You can see some of the images he scans here on his tumblr site: http://wwiphotos.tumblr.com/

This is a fascinating record of the war from the German side, just priceless photographs. If you have any interest in WWI then I think this is an excellent kickstarter to jump into. There are still a few pledge levels available at $75 USD (add $30 USD for shipping outside the US) and then the next level is $89. USD There is even a 3D steroscopic viewmaster pledge level. Very cool stuff. He has blown way past his goal with 9 days left.

Please keep in mind that unlike many gaming and miniature projects there are no stretch goals or add-ons. Various pledge levels will provide extras, but you can only participate through the pledge levels, no extras. This is not a company this is an individual deciding to share a priceless treasure trove of WWI photographs. This is the kind of project that I think Kickstarter was really made for. Please read the last Risks and Challenges section carefully. I'm confident that he will come through on this project. Be sure to read to the three updates he has as well.

You can find the kickstarter at this link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deanputney/experience-world-war-i-through-a-german-officers-p

On a photo recon mission. There is a whole series of aerial photographs, apparently he was warming up with a shot of the plane's wings

A small artillery piece in position

And a "How many does it take" picture
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
Re: Kickstarter WWI Pictorial the Walter Koessler Project 1914-1918
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 10:15:34 PM »

I am probably more excited about this particular Kickstarter than any other one I have backed at this point. We are at T-minus 24 hours on this project and Dean received a dummy copy of the book. Basically this is a completely blank copy of the book, showing off what the quality and size you could be receiving in December. If you were thinking about this one and were on the fence, its time to step up and get a copy now, before its all over.
The video

The Kickstarter link
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deanputney/experience-world-war-i-through-a-german-officers-p