Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: IHMN: Little Green Men From the Moon  (Read 1487 times)

Offline dwbullock

• Scientist
IHMN: Little Green Men From the Moon
« on: August 29, 2013, 04:23:05 PM »
Think I might finally get my first games in with IHMN this weekend.  Have been poking around for a while, trying to come up with a company that would be fun, fit my playing style, and work with the models I currently have....

And I have decided on Little Green Men from the Moon.  I see a lot of discussion about Kroot are from Mars, Lizardmen are from Venus, etc.  By why doesn't anybody ever talk about the Moon Men?

Still toying with the rules, but thinking along the lines of a few good leader types, with lots of crappy little green men to swarm across the board.

Has anyone already done moon men?

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
Re: IHMN: Little Green Men From the Moon
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 04:52:28 PM »
Scheltrum and Ironclad do different takes on the Selenites from the HG Wells story.
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline dwbullock

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »
Need to come up with a nicely written narrative to go with my plans.  Have it thought up, just not written down yet.

Name                 Pluck     FV    SV    SPD   AV    Talent                          Gear

Da Cap'n               2           2       3         1      11     Inspire, Tough,        Damned Tough (AV 11)
    61 pts                                                                 Leadership +2      Shotgun, Combat Knife

Dr. Wang              3           2       0         1       8     Cloud Men’s Minds,     Not So Tough (AV 8 )
    49 pts                                                                 Harden, Path of     Combat Knife
                                                                               Shadows, Medic,
                                                                               Leadership +1

One Eyed Willie     4            0      4          1       8     Gunslinger, Marksman  Not So Tough (AV 8 )
     36 pts                                                                 Duelist                2 pistols

Skeeter               5            0      3          1       8      Strongman               Not So Tough (AV 8 )
      22 pts                                                                                         Gremling Pistol*

Gremlins              5             0     0           1      8                                    Not So Tough (AV 8 )
     10 pts                                                                                           Pistol, Combat Knife

Jäger Kobolds      5             0     1           1      9                                     Little Tougher (AV 9)
      18 pts                                                                                          Carbine, Combat Knife

Gremlins may swap pistol and combat knife for shotgun and combat knife for (+2 points)

Gremling Pistol …   SV +3, Pluck –2, 12” Range, Requires 4 hands, hits multiple targets like machine gun.  10 points.
--------------------------------------------------

Plan on using some of my grots from 40k, along with a healthy dose of Malifaux gremlins.  And the Jager Kobolds are the old 2nd edition grots with the little pointy helmets. 

Finally, having spoken with my buddy to discuss the armies, he said he is bringing The Wild West Show.  So it's Cowboys vs. Aliens.

Offline Scorpio

• Scientist
  • justice wears a mask
    • Metal Skirmish
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »
Dr. Wang and One Eyed Willie? Your opponent will definitely enjoy beating on them.
PMMDJ
http://metal-skirmish.blogspot.com/

"Seriously, there is an outrageous amount of running involved."