Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:35:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kickstarter - Chibi Asian Adventurers Miniatures w/ Ninjas & More  (Read 6364 times)

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
Impact Miniatures 2nd Chibi Kickstarter this time its an Asian theme... with plenty of Ninjas.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/chibi-asian-adventurers-miniatures-w-ninjas-and-mo

Type 1's are the same size as the Dungeon Adventure range [30mm] they did earlier but with LESS fiddly parts. The Type II's are smaller 50mm instead of 60mm.

Now with this kickstarter it is different then the Dungeon Adventures in that you get a certain amount of "picks"

Type 1 = 1 pick
Type 2 = 2 picks

So if you pledge at the Samurai Level [$100USD] with 21 picks then you can pick and choose from the many different types until you use up your 21 picks. But wait there is more when the project gets to $40,000USD you get more added to your pick list..

so as you see the higher the pledge amount the more minis you get.
There are also a further 5 more minis that will be unlocked over the project.

So if you haven't checked it out please do Tom, Kim, Chris and the rest of the Impact Miniature family are great...and yes I am an IMPACT fanboy...

Cheers
LGW

Offline Garanhir

• Scientist
Re: Kickstarter - Chibi Asian Adventurers Miniatures w/ Ninjas & More
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 07:48:32 AM »
The concepts are grand, though I must confess I'm not a fan of the chibi look.  Best of luck with it.
A life without festivity is a long road without an inn.
-Democritus

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 08:04:00 AM »
they are trucking along nicely for a small company and trying to do a KS when Bones II is on $3,861 so far with a $15k goal is very achievable hoping they get to at least the same as they got with the Dungeon Adventures $105k.

Yeah Chibi isn't to every one's taste...but  you never know..

For me I am going to use the Delve system to make Samurai Wars... or if I can find some good Star Wars Rules will then use these to play it.

I can pretty much make most of the Jedi and Sith from The Original 3 episodes.
Certainly not touching Episode 1-3 .....

Have a look and see if you can see each of the heroes and bad guys.

LGW

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 08:21:28 AM »
Their last Chibi project was what first tempted me into crowd funding and I haven't regretted it. A great bunch of people to deal with.

As regards this Asian range, I would have hoped to see the Monkey King and his pals.
"Morning!"

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 08:29:14 AM »
I was pledged in for the Bones II $1 level and over paid for the Mouslings and some Dungeon stuff but decided that my funds would be better spent with Impact and their Kickstarter...

I am going to do:

Darth Vaadoo

Emperor

Luck Skyrunner

Sturm Troopers

A few more on there will flesh it all out.. and yes I have spent quite a bit of time on this and working it all out.. so have my kids.

LGW

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 11:08:01 AM »
Wow, that's...niche.  Wish them luck though.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 03:21:17 AM »
I missed out on the first KS after hemming hawing over it too long.  Since then I have been waiting for the Dungeon and Dragon Cartoon chibi characters to go up on their website but they have ALWAYS been sold out, along with 85% of the figures from the last Kickstarter.  I'd really like to have seen those in the store regularly before they move onward.  Wish you the best on KS2.

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 03:38:39 AM »
I think Tom wants those up and for sale as soon as everyone else. But last time I heard anything they were going to activate everything on their site once all if the previous backers had their items. It shouldn't be to long of await they announced that the dungeon chibi were almost dine hence why the Asian chibi has started. Give them a few days or a week and it might be ready to go..

I'll flick Tom and email and see when it all goes live on their site.

LGW

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 04:59:00 AM »
Thank you for that LGW, much appreciated.  I figured they might appear if he felt ready to do another KS.  I'll look forward to seeing them.

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 05:46:51 AM »
Thank you for that LGW, much appreciated.  I figured they might appear if he felt ready to do another KS.  I'll look forward to seeing them.

No probs I know that Impact have been hanging out for quite awhile now to get those Dungeon Chibi into the general market.

After the Asian Chibi adventures I am going to looking forward to the next two chibi Kickstarters which could be chibi Sci-fi and or Dungeons chibi's II. still NO confirmation on this but it would be cool if they did. [If Impact ever see this any one care to confirm this?]

I know heaps of options for the Dungeon II and the Sci-fi one would be good [fingers crossed minis for a Space adventure on a space hulk??? dreams are free] but what ever they do I know my chibi collection will only grow.

LGW

Offline impactminiatures

• Lurker
    • http://www.impactminiatures.com
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 06:57:51 PM »

Hi Booboo,

The figures will be online by Friday October 11th.

We were trying to make sure we did right by our backers of our last KickStarter.

So we did not start the new KickStarter until we has postage on all the rewards so that we respected all our backers and did not start a new sequel KickStarter before the old one was completed.

We also decided to wait one week after the KickStarter finished shipping to make sure no one had something that we could not immediately send out to fix (ie normal store orders pushed it to out of stock).   Also gives everyone a chance to actually get their package before they show up in the store.

So all the timing was very planned out.   I could flip the switch today to put them all for sale in the store but we wanted to have the one week period to make sure the backers have time to get their packages or have them arriving within days of us selling them to the public online.

So Friday October 11 ... you will be able to order the full line of 103 Chibi from the previous KS from our store (minus maybe 2 to 4 figures that we are having remoulded to improve casting qualtity)

Thanks for the interest!

Tom @ Impact!
Fantasy Football Miniatures for Gamers by Gamers - www.impactminiatures.com

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 08:51:13 PM »
Thx Tom for your reply....

The Dungeon range is awesome I finally was able to increase my collection...

I even been doing some conversions.... spread the words ladies and gents this company is amazing to deal with and are there for their customers....

LGW

Offline TheShadow

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 11:14:09 PM »
Probably going to open a can of worms here but I'm not impressed at all by the casts from the first kick starter, personally I'd rate them with finecast - lots and lots of flash, several of them have what looks like severe mould slippage resulting in 3 mould lines in some cases ! Not-Vengers head doesn't line up at all and as for the separate swords etc I think the best description is paper thin ! There's several places that need filling that really shouldn't such as hair and eyebrows, Its a shame because they are lovely chatacterful sculpts but the trollcast material used isn't nice at all to work with
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"
"The weed of crime bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay.... The Shadow knows!"

Offline impactminiatures

• Lurker
    • http://www.impactminiatures.com
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »
No can of worms TheShadow.

This project was the first time for us doing several things ... working with 3D sculptors, working with Trollcast and creating Chibi style miniatures.

We learned a lot during the process and have applied to all to the Asian figures to improve their quality.

We also worked with Trollforged to put in place better quality control and much better removal of the flash before it leaves us to the customer.

Also so far everyone who has contacted us directly with a problem with a miniature we've worked to replace that miniature with one that doesn't have the problems they found.   And to date ... everyone we've worked with in that regard has been satisified after we helped them with any issues they found.   So please feel free to take me up on this is you have miniatures that were not up to the quality you were expecting.

Tom @ Impact!