Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:24:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689638
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Setting the East Ablaze  (Read 3362 times)

Offline cardophillipo

• Librarian
    • Renegade of the Atomic Age
Setting the East Ablaze
« on: October 14, 2013, 09:03:17 AM »
Hi All,

Just received my copy of 'Setting the East Ablaze' after being inspired by the great games on this forum, especially the awesome 'League of Extraordinary Kriegspielers' games. Which leads me on to my question. I notice in a few of the 'Leagues' games that units like stormtroopers riding terrorsaurs, gorillas brandishing machine guns, yetis, dinosaurs and all manner of interesting creatures can appear. This is one of the things that attracted me to BoB games. I was wondering what rules you used for the additional creatures that appear from glowing rocks?

Thanks

Richard  :)
I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilise, street level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez!

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Setting the East Ablaze
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 10:22:40 AM »
Hi All,

Just received my copy of 'Setting the East Ablaze' after being inspired by the great games on this forum, especially the awesome 'League of Extraordinary Kriegspielers' games. Which leads me on to my question. I notice in a few of the 'Leagues' games that units like stormtroopers riding terrorsaurs, gorillas brandishing machine guns, yetis, dinosaurs and all manner of interesting creatures can appear. This is one of the things that attracted me to BoB games. I was wondering what rules you used for the additional creatures that appear from glowing rocks?

Thanks

Richard  :)

Richard, firstly a huge thank you for buying our rules.  I hope they dont disappoint.  Regarding the more mental end of what we do and play, we always make the 'creatures that appear from glowing rocks' (love this by the way) merely multiples of existing types within the rules.  So, for example, the gorillas dont take any movement restrictions for diffcult terrain, get an extra dice for movement, and fire weapons at the same ranges at their eqivalent types in the rules, but with more effectivesss.  so, for example, a modern rifle in all likelihood has the same effective range as a Lee Enfield (clear line of sight being the great leveller), but gets three dice to hit to reflect the greater weight of fire it can put down.

The rules were always designed to be a) modern era (post 1880) but b) neutral, therefore allowing scaling up and down depending on technologies and/or physical capbilities.  A Yeti, for example, fights as four men and can take eight hits, and moves 3D6.  Stronger, faster and more robust than yer average Tommy, but still works within the rules.

At somepoint, when I've eventually written the scenario book, I will produce a 'Things from Glowing Rocks' supplement, but until then, its only limited by your imagination.

Hope that helps

best regards

Steve
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline cardophillipo

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:08:26 PM »
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply that helps immensely. As to the rules from what I have read both in the rule book and on this forum they match what I have been looking for and I am looking forward to many hours of mad fun in the future. I have some weird and mad ideas and by the look of some of your games the madder the better! Look forward to future releases and more pictures from your great games.

Thanks again.

Richard

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 01:41:49 PM »
Thanks Richard, anytime

Have now got the photos from that master of the Box Brownie, V.I.Blackwood for our last adventure, 'A Line in the Sand', which took place over the summer.  Now just need a clear weekend for a write up!

Offline cardophillipo

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 02:14:58 PM »
Hi Steve,

Looking forward to seeing them been following the games progress.

Cheers

Richard

Offline Beast of Bukhara

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 06:09:57 PM »

'A Line in the Sand', which took place over the summer.  Now just need a clear weekend for a write up!

Dear Editor; Your adventures in Central Asia have delayed publication of the eagerly awaited "PinK"  describing the recent Middle Eastern mayhem.  :)

Its time to draw a line under the line in the sand  :D

Afterall there'll be adventures afresh this winter 8)

Offline coggon

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 06:44:08 PM »

No playing the next campaign until the most recent one has been reported on! :D

And as to the OP's question, yes, the rules will accommodate lots of "mad fun"
"MY enthusiasm greatly exceeds my talent"-Me

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 07:17:40 PM »
Dear Editor; Your adventures in Central Asia have delayed publication of the eagerly awaited "PinK"  describing the recent Middle Eastern mayhem.  :)

Its time to draw a line under the line in the sand  :D

Fair point Beast, fair point....that's two weekends I need to find....

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 08:46:03 PM »
Eagerly awaited Steve, eagerly awaited  lol lol
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.