Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 644
Total: 647

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Danes  (Read 4755 times)

Offline Lord of Jerwood

• Scientist
    • Jerwood Miniatures
28mm Danes
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:40:52 AM »
Hello people

I'm hopefully starting a small wargames company soon and was wondering if there be any market for some 28mm danes like the pictures below.

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
Re: 28mm Danes
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 02:25:30 PM »
I'd buy a blister or two. I guess they're fairly niche, but presumably you know that already. :)

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 08:45:52 PM »
If the quality of the figures is high, they could be interesting for an Early War project (against the Foundry German paratroops?).

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »
Interesting, not really interested in purchasing them in the near future but would love to see some greens  ;)
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 08:58:03 PM »
Was even a single shot fired from a Danish gun during those few days it took the Germans to over run the country? Sure, the resistance was pretty fierce during the occupation but the uniformed troops seems to have been quite ineffectual.

Offline Hang Tuah

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 02:57:01 AM »
According to the Danes did resist the initial stages of the German invasion - apparently they managed to knock out two armoured cars using a 20mm AT gun, but fared less well against tanks. Deal Wargames recently held a display game at Cavalier (see here: http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/2013/06/broadside-2013-games-nipples.html)

While I'm not sure if there's a market for them, a range of 1940 Danes would be more than welcomed!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 07:44:25 AM »
Plenty of small scale skirmishes, and would be interested in a squad or two, along with an AT Nimbus.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Lord of Jerwood

• Scientist
    • Jerwood Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 07:50:57 AM »
Was even a single shot fired from a Danish gun during those few days it took the Germans to over run the country? Sure, the resistance was pretty fierce during the occupation but the uniformed troops seems to have been quite ineffectual.

There were a few, they were more be for a what if, inter-war stuff.

The plan would be to run a Kickstarter (Boo HISS) in the new year. Stretch goal would be heavy weapons, motor bike ETC... To see if they're interested, if not a small range will appear but a lot slower. I've all ready order the first green (Plus some heads) so will show when it's done.   :)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 08:20:42 AM »
At 4:15 the Germans crossed the border to begin the 'peace occupation' and at 6:00 the goverment decided to surrender.

A lot of Danish army personnel were very frustrated by not getting to show any fighting prowess and later joined the German army in the fight against the communists in Russia partly on these grounds.

My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 09:22:13 AM »
According to the Danes did resist the initial stages of the German invasion - apparently they managed to knock out two armoured cars using a 20mm AT gun, but fared less well against tanks. Deal Wargames recently held a display game at Cavalier (see here: http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/2013/06/broadside-2013-games-nipples.html)

While I'm not sure if there's a market for them, a range of 1940 Danes would be more than welcomed!

What a lovely spread...

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 06:44:43 PM »
The Danes that did some fighting put up a good show. Early war is always interesting and this is unique.

Depending on who you choose to design the range etc.. I'm interested.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 07:48:56 PM »
This size (25+ mm)  is no longer (with two very small exceptions) no longer on my buying list but it should be explored for level of interest IMO.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 10:24:45 AM »
I would buy some, always interested in new early war figures.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »
There always seems to be a lot more interest than purchases with the 'fringe' nationalities of WW2. There's a general dearth in models representing even the smaller nations who were involved in lengthy and sustained fighting (in particular I'm thinking of the Eastern Europeans fighting for the Axis).

I wish you well with it, but I do think you'll need to find some way of increasing the likelihood of them actually being bought in enough numbes to make it viable - perhaps seeing if they can 'double-up' as soldiers of other nations with a few slight alterations.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Gazjones

• Librarian
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
I find it strange in the world of wargaming, how gamers are happy to fight endless clashes during the Normandy campaign, which actually didn't last very long before the whole thing swung off into Belgium and beyond. Yet they shy away from having games that represent maybe a struggle against occupation that lasted the matter of well..... weeks, or months.
Maybe it's because some gamers are not happy unless they can field an armada of King Tigers, who knows?

Each time we lay figures on the table we're only representing a few hours of realtime. Would we not be doing the same thing if we fielded a small force of Danes?

I'd be very happy to purchase some Danes, but for the whole venture being a good seller, i'd say think wisely.

Somebody help this crotchety old fool from this pedestal please? lol