Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:30:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686664
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: White Dragon Miniatures - Draconus Interceptor  (Read 12425 times)

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Re: White Dragon Miniatures - Draconus Interceptor
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 02:50:43 PM »
Spiffy. :) The corvette is luverly. The interceptor... looks a wee bit like the anorexic cousin of the ship out of Battle Beyond the Stars.

Crusiers would be about 6 foot and bigger :D

What material will you be casting it in?

Offline deadmeat30

• Schoolboy
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 05:17:46 PM »
Sounds very interesting. There's a niche for a good starfighter game to take over from the vernable Silent Death, any more details? Will there be a ship design system, for all us tinkerers? Need playtesters?  :D

I plan to make the game open, there will be a forum for people to add ideas. There will be 2 rule books. The living rule book and the beta rule book. The plan is, I create the rules (in no expert, i just took influence from games i really liked to play) and add my own spice too it. Then on the forum, people can discuss rules or ways to add new dynamics to the game, or amend ideas i had. Then if its refined on the forum and is playable, it will enter the beta rulebook for playtesting. If it works well and people enjoy it, then sure it'll be added to the main rule book. I want to create a community for the game to grow. Also the rulebooks will ALWAYS be free as a PDF. Full book with all the artwork and history. I may do some printed runs down the line once the rule settle. Also im planning to have all the components as free cardboard cut outs, so anyone can play from the off set, and upgrade to real ships and templates as time goes on. So that its not such a big inital investment.

I plan on running a kickstarter (yes start moaning now! lol) but im funding all of this myself at the moment. and the kickstarter will not be started until atleast 15 ships are ready and printed.

So in short, you can tinker with whatever you want in the game. I shall make 'unofficial races area' on the forum for custom ships and so forth. And if they are really liked, they can get added to the book and made a miniature.

Spiffy. :) The corvette is luverly. The interceptor... looks a wee bit like the anorexic cousin of the ship out of Battle Beyond the Stars.

What material will you be casting it in?

Sadly i wont be making 6 foot crusiers, i was just saying thats how big the small crusiers would be for scale!

But all the ships will be cast in resin.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »
Sadly i wont be making 6 foot crusiers, i was just saying thats how big the small crusiers would be for scale!

;)

Kickstarter could be tricky for me personally - credit cards are one of the many aspects of modern life I haven't jumped on board with yet. But I'll be interested to see how it all goes, and especially when stuff goes up for general sale.

Offline deadmeat30

• Schoolboy
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »
Because sometimes its best to see physical models ;)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 07:48:49 AM »
they look really nice!