Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Petitioning Royal Mail about shipping paints!  (Read 15357 times)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Petitioning Royal Mail about shipping paints!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 07:48:24 PM »
That's fair enough Glenn  :) Most of us who have signed already will probably be directly affected by it, hence our interest. It sounds like it hasn't really been thought through.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 08:08:46 PM »
That's fair enough Glenn  :) Most of us who have signed already will probably be directly affected by it, hence our interest. It sounds like it hasn't really been thought through.

Oh, I think it is

1) Crappy

2) An example of the Law of unintended consequences that will hurt the hobby (especially smaller businesses)  a lot

3) Mind boggling over-reaction to perceived "safety" issues

4) A sign of the Royal Mail suffering under the care of bureaucrats (public/private/free market/subsidized - all bureaucrats are the same: Moronic.)

5) and just a bit stupid (like in the 3rd kind of stupid - "Invading Russia Stupid")

I just feel it isn't my place to lecture the Royal Mail (as much as I think they might deserve it.)

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 08:54:55 PM »
Weighing up the pros and cons of change.org, I figure the pros win out. It's bleedin' difficult enough to get decent paints for art and hobby purposes out here in the sticks, when Ulster's few art and hobby shops are miles away and english webstores charge extra, charge for couriers, or just plain don't ship here at all for no good reason that I can discern. This thing here is a kick in the backside too far.

Offline LawnRanger

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »
Signed

I would say its as stupid as the americans  invading Canada in 1812 !  now that was STUPID  :D!!  

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 09:13:23 PM »

5) and just a bit stupid (like in the 3rd kind of stupid - "Invading Russia Stupid")

lol like it!

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 12:51:19 AM »
Signed

I would say its as stupid as the americans  invading Canada in 1812 !  now that was STUPID  :D!!  

Sure was, eh! Hey, you hosers, get out of our country! And now we'll just burn down your big white house to remind you to piss off.

And they haven't been back ...
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 02:13:48 AM »
Sure was, eh! Hey, you hosers, get out of our country! And now we'll just burn down your big white house to remind you to piss off.

And they haven't been back ...

That reminds me that for many years my online gaming nickname was "General Robert Ross".

In the better part of a decade I gamed mostly with Americans, but not a single American ever got the reference.  :D

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 02:17:28 AM »
Outstanding!  :D

Offline Leon Pendraken

• Mad Scientist
    • Pendraken Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 06:43:54 AM »
Thanks for all the support so far, 1200 signatures in the 1st 24 hours is fantastic.  Hopefully we can get Royal Mail to take some notice of this.

I am never too sure about the effectiveness of petitions, usually a direct letter or email to the people at the top is far more effective.

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=9559

This page has the email address of the royal mail ceo Moya Green. I am sure she would be really happy to receive a stack of email from disgruntled lead adventurers.

Thanks for the info there, I've added Mrs Green to the recipient list on the petition, so that she can see the support growing.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 11:49:36 AM »
Signed

lol

My French-Canadian born wife (adopted as infant) has mentioned that a few times!   ;)

(My brilliant plan to make her appreciate history is working, that was  a small but significant step that occurred a few years ago.)

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 11:53:53 AM »
Thanks for all the support so far, 1200 signatures in the 1st 24 hours is fantastic.  Hopefully we can get Royal Mail to take some notice of this.

Thanks for the info there, I've added Mrs Green to the recipient list on the petition, so that she can see the support growing.

I really you get either a change or a reasonable explanation for this Quixotic policy.  Assuming the latter exists (other than, "We are merely implementing the (Law, Administrative Guidance, Government Policy...)"

Gracias,

Glenn

I wish I felt a right to make my views known but I have to deal with the USPS so one irrational agency at a  time...

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 11:59:38 AM »
That reminds me that for many years my online gaming nickname was "General Robert Ross".

In the better part of a decade I gamed mostly with Americans, but not a single American ever got the reference.  :D

Paraphrasing an American co-worker - "Who has ever been afraid of the Canadians?"  I would like to have had the resources then we have now to explain to her:

He is most well known for the Burning of Washington, which included the destruction of the White House and the The Capitol, and for his failure to invest Baltimore.

from [insert traditional Wikipedia warnings] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Ross_(British_Army_officer)

I fear that for many of my younger co-workers history, outside of entertainment 'history,' but especially military history, starts with the Invasion of Iraq...

Rant warning.  Asking them what book they have read last usually (at best) get a reference to a magazine (though I hope e-reader electronics can change that.)

Gracias,

Glenn
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:06:42 PM by Conquistador »

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 12:11:19 PM »
Paraphrasing an American co-worker - "Who has ever been afraid of the Canadians?"  I would like to have had the resources then we have now to explain to her:

He is most well known for the Burning of Washington, which included the destruction of the White House and the The Capitol, and for his failure to invest Baltimore.

from [insert traditional Wikipedia warnings] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Ross_(British_Army_officer)

I fear that for many of my younger co-workers history, outside of entertainment 'history,' but especially military history, starts with the Invasion of Iraq...

Rant warning.  Asking them what book they have read last usually (at best) get a reference to a magazine (though I hope e-reader electronics can change that.)

Gracias,

Glenn

It's not called 'The Forgotten War' for nothing....
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 01:54:12 PM »
It's not called 'The Forgotten War' for nothing....

In all fairness/equal opportunity moment -

I thought for the Boomers that was the Korean War?

Oh wait, it wasn't a war...  ::)   ;) 

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »
That's 'The Other Forgotten not-War' :)