Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Charge! - Cavalry rules for Pulp Alley???  (Read 1372 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Charge! - Cavalry rules for Pulp Alley???
« on: December 26, 2013, 12:42:58 AM »
A question for David, or any industrious souls who've considered house rules for the situation.

Have you considered making rules for mounted figures? Are these perhaps something included in the vehicle rules? Would you have mounting/dismounting? If you want a figure to start mounted, how would you cost that?

The question primarily came to me, because I was thinking of a scenario where mounted tribesmen might attack the heroes and wondering how that would be set up and how it would play out.

One option is to have permanently mounted characters (no mounting/unmounting) who cost an extra half a point and who are simply on a bit of a larger base. They would get the "fast" ability (whichever ability lets the figure run at 16" all the time). I say a half point, because I can't really say the ability should cost a full point. Or maybe have it be a league perk for 2 points that any of your figures count as mounted?

You could add dismounting by adding a simple roll for the possibility of a figure being dismounted (say a fail on a D6, or maybe the same die type as health?) whenever the character is hit. So you roll a health check AND a dismount check.

Interested in hearing your thoughts or if anything is planned?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
Re: Charge! - Cavalry rules for Pulp Alley???
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 02:54:38 AM »
You may want to send a PM to Mr. David Phipps in this very forum.

I'm sure he will forward you the latest mounts playtest rules for you to try.

There are good selection of different mounts, each one with their own advantages.

As all the "playtest" rules, these are WIPs, and may change for the final printed product, but if you use the rules in a game or two, your feedback will be greatly appreciated by Mr. Phipps and Mila.

Hope that helps.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 03:19:58 AM »
Ah, so there are rules under testing.  ;)

My ability to playtest at present is limited by a lack of fellow players here, but once I get my own leagues and minis set up, I am hoping to rope some folks in.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 03:24:11 AM »
Yes, yes, and yes.  ;)

The mounted rules are planned for the Pulp Vehicles book. Playtesting is going well and I'm really happy with what the new rules are bringing to the game.

Mounts can appear in different scenarios from a wide array of sources. I think the most common will be because you picked up a perk or ability that gives your character/league mounts. But you can also spend Resource points to get mounts. And I think we'll start seeing some scenario that simply provide mounts to one or more players.

For example in a scenario like 'The Valley of Gawangi', basic mounts would be part of the scenario. And you would also have the option of upgrading one or more mounts to add a bit more customization.

Like Magokiron said, if you'd like to look over the PDF then shoot me a PM with your email. If I remember correctly, it is one page of rules and one page of mount abilities.

THANKS
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 03:26:19 AM by d phipps »

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 03:58:38 AM »
I just sent an email directly.  :D