Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:06:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Brits & Turks 1918] BrigadeGames / Copplestone / Woodbine mixing !?  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
Hi !

I would like to make the DunsterForce adventures in Baku 1918 ( Turks , Brits , Armenians , White & Red Russians , etc ... )

Someone could tell me if the Turks / Brits from Copplestone / Brigade games and why not Woodbine could mix together !?

Thanks !

Manu , from France

Offline Turbo-Ben

• Scientist
    • Partisan-Con Mannheim
Re: [Brits & Turks 1918] BrigadeGames / Copplestone / Woodbine mixing !?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 07:10:48 PM »
The Copplestone Brits are giants and make the Woodbine minis look like dwarfs or childs next to them.  :?
Don't know about the Brigade Games ones but their Russians are the same size as Copplestones.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 08:11:19 PM »
I agree that the difference is quite noticeable, as illustrated below (officer from Copplestone, rest of the section are Woodbine Brits):

Personally, I think it is still acceptable, mainly because the Woodbines have more of a "regulated military bearing", whereas the Copplestone officers in particular have more character and may be better suited to locales out of the ordinary.

I guess it boils down to your personal taste, but Ben's quite right, one can spot the difference almost immediately, and I wouldn't mix rank-and-file troops from both companies.

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:50:01 PM »
I think mixing these manufacturers is fine,I have even mixed in Battle honours .germans for Palestine in the mix,I also have been doing Dunsterforce,what a hoot of a campaign. Once they are on the table and the dice start rolling who really cares. Go Crazy.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 09:24:08 AM »
I mix them all up, all of the time.  And while I agree with the analysis, once the guns start firing and it all breaks out, you dont spend your games analysing the height of your figures.....you'll be fine...
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 09:26:34 AM »
Well, I just ordered their Arabs in Ottoman Service troops to use in BOB games........
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 09:37:27 AM »
Thanks all !

I have an idea : i could use Copplestone Officers/NCOs , MGs/HMGs & Artillery , and Brigade Games Officers/NCOs , MGs/HMGs & Artillery + their troopers !

Thats will be fine ...

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »
I agree that the difference is quite noticeable, as illustrated below (officer from Copplestone, rest of the section are Woodbine Brits):

Personally, I think it is still acceptable, mainly because the Woodbines have more of a "regulated military bearing", whereas the Copplestone officers in particular have more character and may be better suited to locales out of the ordinary.

I guess it boils down to your personal taste, but Ben's quite right, one can spot the difference almost immediately, and I wouldn't mix rank-and-file troops from both companies.

The Copplestone Brits in Shorts are notoriously large, more so than their average miniatures.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 09:42:44 AM »
The Copplestone Brits in Shorts are notoriously large, more so than their average miniatures.

Very much so, although I think it is more noticeable with the actual troopers (the guns have more heft, too) than with officers mixed in. That said, I mainly used the Copplestone Officers because I had them lying around. If that hadn't been the case, I'd have gone for Woodbine exclusively.