Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Trying to find minis/parts for chaos miniatures and mutants. Suggestions pls.  (Read 1469 times)

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
I am trying to find suitable parts for my chaos army. Could be metal or plastics, i dont mind. Any suggestions for manufacturers who sell suitable products, preferably reasonably cheap, would be welcome.

1) tentacles and similar mutations, small enough for a 28mm human. Tried sculpting some but did not turn out very good so far. Would be nice to find some mass produced ones, perhaps in bendy metal...

2) goat/beastmen heads. Head swaps with beastmen is ok for characters, but for a whole squad its a bit much. So looking for someone who sells heads separately.

3) sheep. Want to make a flock of mutant chaos sheep so i will need good sheep models to base them on.

4) fantasy jesters. Looking for anything like a jester, or possibly juggler. Can have a weapon or unarmed. I found a fair few on Ral Partha webstore, but any suggestions from other manufacturers would be nice.

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Reaper has a nice pack of conversion parts:

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/tentacles/latest/03334

Onebigriver & I posted almost simultaneously...great minds & all that. Well, you get a look at the pieces here; AND if you follow the link you'll see examples of the pieces in use. They also have packs of angel & devil wings.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:44:09 PM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
I like those broolian, might be good as a scavvy necromunda lot.

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
Thanks for the suggestions folks. The reaper bits look like the thing. IŽll have to pick them up sometime soon.

The Victoria minis stuff looks nice too, I have been admiring it for a while. I think their beastmen heads look quite futuristic, one is wearing goggles and one smoking a cigar etc, but certainly characterful. As an aside, I was wondering about the arms as replacement for rogue trader plastic arms too. It says they are heroic scale so maybe a abit too big? There are allegedly some female troopers in the pipeline. Maybe they will have smaller arms...

Today I  will have another go at sculpting some mutations. Lets see how it goes...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:06:06 PM by weismonsters »

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
One option I saw a few years ago was to use parts of the GW Tryranid figures for mutations.  Often bits are available on eBay for reasonable 'ish' prices.