Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:20:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Terrain for the Tourney  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Terrain for the Tourney
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:59:35 AM »

Sally 4th are delighted to have been chosen by Knightsford Games, publishers of Crossed Lance’s to develop a range of laser cut terrain to support the Crossed Lance’s medieval jousting game. The game was great fun when we played it and it does not take so long to paint up some knights to hold a tournament.  We believe that over a very short time period we have designed and manufactured an attractive, practical and affordable range of terrain to support this innovative and exciting games system.

Our initial release consists of the tilt barrier, arena barriers, medieval jousting tents, benches a spectator stand and a royal box. Over the coming months we have many more items that will be added to this range including laser cut player aids.

The Crossed Lances rules together with the fantastic set of miniatures that Curteys have sculpted including mounted and dismounted named knights, tournament officials, heralds, squires, casualties and resin terrain items are all also know available from Sally 4th.

Full details are available here:http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/epages/950003459.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950003459/Categories/%22Crossed%20Lances%22

Chris Abbey @ Sally 4th
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Nysse

• Scientist
    • Engineered Gaming
Re: Terrain for the Tourney
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 09:14:37 AM »
Great looking stuff! You really are tempting me too much towards a new project... shame on you!
Chronicling my fight against a growing lead pile with some occasional gaming: Engineered Gaming

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »
Looks like some nice products there.  :)
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 03:14:42 PM »
Nice looking stuff.

But that apostrophe that comes and goes in the game title is starting to really annoy me....  :-*

Mike
Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk

Offline shandy

• Mad Scientist
    • The Raft. Wargaming Adventures
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:50:23 PM »
Really nice! Any chance you'll be doing it in 15mm?
Cheers,
Shandy

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 05:28:03 PM »
Hi Mike,

Sorry about the apostrophe, I just did the terrain and the rules were already published by the time I joined the party. I will check with the rules authors. I believe they are trading as Crossed Lances, so on the rule book it says Crossed Lance's Rules for the Tourny, which is correct as it is possessive, but on their logo it says Crossed Lance's which is just a plural. Anyway.. are you the Mike Lewis that used to do a D&D fanzine back in the day (30 years ago)?

Shandy,
15mm possibly, although some of the posts etc would be overscale. You will be pleased to know that the Norman Keep will be coming out in 15mm scale later this week.

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Crossedlances

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 05:52:30 PM »
Thanks Sally 4th, glad you enjoyed the game.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:27:01 PM by Crossedlances »
Martin Knight family historian and military history

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 10:47:05 AM »
Hi Mike,

Sorry about the apostrophe, I just did the terrain and the rules were already published by the time I joined the party. I will check with the rules authors. I believe they are trading as Crossed Lances, so on the rule book it says Crossed Lance's Rules for the Tourny, which is correct as it is possessive, but on their logo it says Crossed Lance's which is just a plural.
Chris

Ah, but if they are trading as Crossed Lances (no apostrophe for a plural) then it shouldn't be "Crossed Lance's Rules for Tourney" as a possessive but Crossed Lances's or possibly Crossed Lances' ... - sorry, being picky.

I just think that getting the title correct and consistent is fairly important if you want people to pick up your rules.

Anyway.. are you the Mike Lewis that used to do a D&D fanzine back in the day (30 years ago)?

The one and same...

Mike

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 01:41:37 PM »
Hi Mike,

I'll be seeing the authors on Sunday as we are putting on a participation jousting tournament at Vapnartak, so will endeavor to get to the bottom of the punctuation issue. Hopefully lots of gamers will get a chance to try the game out their.

p.s. I used to have a subscription to your fanzine 30 years ago. Life was simple then, I think it was duplicated rather than photocopied with a card cover.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 01:45:58 PM »
Like those spectator stands.
I may have to pick some up for a stadium that is in the pipeline.
 8)

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 03:50:19 PM »
Hi Mike,

I'll be seeing the authors on Sunday as we are putting on a participation jousting tournament at Vapnartak, so will endeavor to get to the bottom of the punctuation issue. Hopefully lots of gamers will get a chance to try the game out their.

p.s. I used to have a subscription to your fanzine 30 years ago. Life was simple then, I think it was duplicated rather than photocopied with a card cover.

Dragonlords was actually litho printed with a card cover - not many people had photocopiers in 1980. Still can't believe it was years 30 years ago...

Mike

Offline Crossedlances

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 05:21:55 PM »
The title is staying as it is as it is.

As there are two lances that are crossing at the Attain point not one.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:23:55 PM by Crossedlances »

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 02:12:26 PM »
Is anyone from the Forum going to be at York on Sunday to try their hand in the lists?

Offline Crossedlances

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 06:21:13 PM »
We are..!! :D

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »
I have just added a hobby page to my website detailing the technique that I use for painting model wood, as I have been painting rather a lot of it over the last couple of weeks!
http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/epages/950003459.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950003459/Categories/Hobby_Pages/Crossed_Lances_Medieval_Jousting_Hobby_Page