Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:08:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689290
  • Total Topics: 118270
  • Online Today: 605
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Taking a Mercenary to extremes question  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Taking a Mercenary to extremes question
« on: February 07, 2014, 11:28:49 PM »
Not to min-max but looking at the Mexican Rebels lists and specifically the Mercenary possibilities it looks like (correct me if wrong) that you could put "all your eggs in one basket" By using "One Mercenary" (26/26 subtotal) with the Hunter Talent (+5/31) and exchanging the military rife for a Hunting Rifle (+7/38) then Give him/her (("Any Mercenary") the Marksman Talent (+5/43) and the Gunslinger Talent (+5/48) wit second pistol (+3/46.)

Am I reading that right?

I am not suggesting one do that because of the nature of the game (and the almost mandatory red crosshairs on the back of such a character!) but just wanting to make sure I was reading the options correctly.

Now for real Chihuahua Cheese let me ask if that same Mercenary ("One Mercenary") can be given the Engineer Talent (+5/51) and  1-3 bombs or 1-3  grenades?  I will not include the Congreve Rocket Launcher (unless the Mercenary gave up the Hunting rifle for the game.)

In this case you might want to field said figure in Porcelain... to give your opponent some pleasure in destroying such a crock.   ;)  

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: Taking a Mercenary to extremes question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 08:59:41 AM »
You could indeed create a superman like that, but as you said he would become a target. Also if you're going to field him as a hunter then you'd want to keep him well back and use his range, adding pistol skills seems a bit pointless then.

Why not create a Sergio Leone type? The Clint Eastwood lone gunman: Gunslinger, Marksman, two pistols; or the Lee van Cleef Rifleman: Hunter, Hunting rifle.

Remember that while painting them you have to have the soundtrack to The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on in the background.
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Taking a Mercenary to extremes question
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »
You could indeed create a superman like that, but as you said he would become a target. Also if you're going to field him as a hunter then you'd want to keep him well back and use his range, adding pistol skills seems a bit pointless then.

Why not create a Sergio Leone type? The Clint Eastwood lone gunman: Gunslinger, Marksman, two pistols; or the Lee van Cleef Rifleman: Hunter, Hunting rifle.

Remember that while painting them you have to have the soundtrack to The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on in the background.

Well, I don't want to build that figure.  I was just wondering if I was reading that right.  I am leaning towards an "All Mexican" team and it was when contemplating the combinations that the Mercenary figure options caught my attention.

As for music - but of course...

Gracias,

Glenn