Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:10:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: I swear I've tried to find pictures...but do EOTD & IHMN scale up well?  (Read 3380 times)

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
I've looked but I haven't been able to find any good comparison shots. So help me out before I spend money.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline pinny

• Librarian
Re: I swear I've tried to find pictures...but do EOTD & IHMN scale up well?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 07:42:03 AM »
The Bobby on the left is EoTD and the Bobby on the right is IHMN, forgive my poor phone photos

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 11:56:51 AM »
Ok, they look pretty good. I've been on the fence about buying one or two of the box sets as the only other mini I ever ordered from Northstar I find a bit on the large side.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »
I've looked but I haven't been able to find any good comparison shots. So help me out before I spend money.

Sorry I don't have any pictures but if I did I would shoot them and post them.  Been there more than a few times in my hobby experience.

I am headed towards 15 mm for "skirmish" to replace 25+ mm and 6/3 mm for mass battles/modern-SF combined arms so take my opinion of those two figures with a large grain of salt...

You need to ask which figures (IHMN, EOTD, anybody else,) meet your personal aesthetic for figures on the same table/in the same company.

I think those two figures, if representative, may let you decide if (playing on "bad cop, good cop,") they are close enough, (as "Short cop, Tall cop,") to let you mix them on the table and/or in the same Company.

I might be happy to have them in the same company - "Short Sam, Tall Ted," if the other figures don't go any farther apart in height/heft than those two.

YMMV.

Based just on those two pictures I now would want to see more of both ranges together.  Perhas someone has a picture that includes them in painting competition sub-forum - The Lead Painters' League.

Gracias,

Glenn

Gracias,

Glenn
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:05:37 PM by Conquistador »
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 09:47:44 PM »
A friend bought the EOTD kickstarter & some of the IHMN packs, he prefers the IHMN as the EOTD are slimmer.
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline Mike D. Mc Brice

• Mad Scientist
  • Lead Painters League Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 08:23:54 AM »
The EOTD Bobbys are visibily smaller them the IHMN ones. The difference is about 3mm and very obvious with the Bobbys, it's less obvious with some other types.