Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:37:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686549
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Empress Miniatures Modern Aussies  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Empress Miniatures Modern Aussies
« on: February 26, 2014, 09:10:13 AM »
28mm Ultra Modern Aussies created for the recent kickstarter.

Hope you like,
Paul

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Empress Miniatures Modern Aussies
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 09:50:42 AM »
These look really nice. I'd bet you could do an equally nice job on some modern VPA or JDF! (sorry!)

Have you ever considered doing some Musorians as opponents? I have been asking about figures suitable for VPA in another thread and it was suggested that Musorians could be a good VPA stand in. There might be quite a bit of interest in such a range.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »
Sweet looking figures.
I need to paint up the Empress figures I have.
But.. another order for these, No must not buy.
My birthday is coming up. lol
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 01:38:48 AM »
Great minis...I hope Empress embraces a great range of modern soldiers.  A ton of potential out there.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 07:29:08 AM »
Great minis...I hope Empress embraces a great range of modern soldiers.  A ton of potential out there.

Definitely! Looking at the kickstarter comments and discussions on forums (fora?) it seemed that there were a lot of people looking at near future 'what if' type projects rather than near past or current conflict. It may be that the Call of Duty and Battlefield series' modern settings have got people interested? The thing I've noticed with this being my first foray into moderns is the lack of choice when it comes to opposition, especially if you don't want to play Afghanistan or similar settings. I know (now) that Eureka do Musorians but they become very expensive to order from the UK. It would be great to see some opposition for both the PLA and the western nations. Of course as a dabbler in this period I know I'm not well placed to comment (but I am listening to guys who seem to know their stuff, like Carlos).

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »
The reason we did PLA and 'Western' moderns was so that gamers could fight ultra modern balanced forces against each other as opposed to just fighting terrorist insurrectionist types.

However we already do a small range of insurrectionist (Musorians) and plan to add more to the range in the future.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 09:00:07 AM »
I hope you do the russians, germans and rest of europe first. Will help to play "cold war gone hot" Part 2.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »
The reason we did PLA and 'Western' moderns was so that gamers could fight ultra modern balanced forces against each other as opposed to just fighting terrorist insurrectionist types.

However we already do a small range of insurrectionist (Musorians) and plan to add more to the range in the future.

Please don't take that as criticism in any way, the current ranges are brilliant! You are a victim of your own success as now we've seen these we want more!

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 06:58:35 PM »
Please don't take that as criticism in any way, the current ranges are brilliant! You are a victim of your own success as now we've seen these we want more!

No we didn't see it as critisism at all:D

Just did not know if you had looked at our moderns ranges. Also worth checking is the Chechnya range which are in effect cold weather Musorians. Useful for the Ukraine as well  :o

We have been playing Afghanistan games for years now and it has delivered some great games but we came to the conclusion that we wanted to do something a bit bigger with both players/ sides able to equal each other in equipment as opposed to what are in effect modern colonial games.

Thus the Pacific arena with China against the Pacific Allies.....and the future which will be Russia dominated. Especially as we have lots of the vehicles.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 06:50:45 AM »
Thanks Empress. I will almost certainly be ordering some insurgents as they went on my list very soon after my PLA arrived! I'm interested in South East Asia as a setting, hence the interest in VPA! I will be very keen on seeing what happens with the Russian KS too (that's where the JDF could potentially come in again, though the Russians appear to be keen to provide more eastern European scenarios).

I've said this before but your recent KS was excellent and hopefully introduced a new audience to modern figure ranges, myself included.  :)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 06:57:02 AM »
No we didn't see it as critisism at all:D
.....and the future which will be Russia dominated. Especially as we have lots of the vehicles.

Can you give us moreinformation about date and content of the kickstarter? Russian and what more??? Maybe some buildings?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 08:16:26 AM »
I believe they said some thing about Russians, Germans and maybe other eastern European nations.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 08:53:48 AM »
I would like to see the next Kickstarter with Russians.  I also want some more "generic soviet equipped troops" to cover a variety of less well equipped forces such as Middle Eastern and  African armies and the former soviet states.