Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:01:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689725
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: All Things Zombie After Action Report 3-16-14  (Read 2042 times)

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
All Things Zombie After Action Report 3-16-14
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:18:46 AM »
Played a game of Two Hour Wargames All Things earlier today. Actually remembered the camera AND remembered to even take the occasional picture as well.

We had a simple raid mission, the home camp was down with dysentery, flu, cholera or some such virulent, nasty disease. A group of four residents that were slightly less ill were sent off into the city to locate the hospital and scavenge for supplies. The initial entrance to the city is brutal as the city is choked with the walking dead. Rules wise, we totally failed our activation rolls and the zombies grouped in on us from the get go and we had to start fighting our way through them from the start.

The initial mob was thinned out and the group ran headlong towards to the hospital on the horizon. More walking corpses appeared to slow the advance as they appeared to block the way ahead.

And calamity fell on the group, "Officer down!!!"

And more hungry corpses moved in to feast on the officer as she fell senseless to the ground.

Heedless of the officer's plight, amateur survivalist Big Bob Dawkwins had a what the hell moment as a grunge style zombie stumbled out of a motel office.

Bob and Sheriff Beauford Justus flipped a coin for the honor of who was going to give a head shot to the zombie they'd lovingly named Kurt.

In like a shot, C J Suicide came in both guns blazing and cleared off the horde before they could begin to feast on poor Officer Rodriga Michelle.

And the group moved to regroup and try to make headway to the hospital.

The group hurried down the street. With a brash comment Sheriff Justus suggested Suicide 'get a haircut' and skipped into the barber shop in search of clippers to trim down the blazing mohawk of the burned out punk rocker.

And the shop was teeming with walking dead and the offhand joke turned desperate as the group rattled off round after round of gunfire to try to clear the building.

And finally all attention turned to the objective as the group moved into position to storm the hospital.

The group kicked in the front door and found patients and doctor more than happy to greet them. Welcoming hands reached forward... Gray hands... Cold hands... Hungry mouths...

And immediately after moving in, the front entrance became choked with hungry walking corpses and Big Bob's submachine gun was ineffective against the clot of zombies.

At the side entrance, Sheriff Justus was having similar difficulties as he desperately tried to bar the side door against even more advancing zombies.

The sheriff pushed past the dead inside the hospital and made a break for the top floor where they hoped supplies might remain but was drawn back by the gunfire and cursing as Rodriga and Suicide were unable to put down the last few zombies in the hallway.

Big Bob took out a few zombies but was still unable to stem the tide.

After tense moments (and a briefly forgotten camera) the group managed to break free of the horde. Mostly by escaping out the side entrance rather than taking on the horde which had continued to grow in number.

Well, okay, the 'brave men' left the officer behind to apparently make her own exit. I honestly don't remember it this way but the pictures don't lie do they?

Regardless of any finger pointing as to who left who behind the group did make it out intact and were under a lumbering but deadly pursuit.

And it as a final burst off effort that the group outran the hungry dead and made their way back to the car to get the medical supplies back to camp.

And that was the game except that poor Officer Rodriga turned out to have been bitten during the earlier scuffle and well... Groups suffer casualties and hardships and this time was no exception.

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
Re: All Things Zombie After Action Report 3-16-14
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 12:25:57 AM »
Seems like a fun and tense game.

I really like your buildings and your survivors have a lot of character and are very well painted.

Poor Officer Rodriga, she didn't deserve to end like that.

Hope to see more AArs from your gaming group in the near future.

Thanks for sharing.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 12:44:05 AM »
Great looking game!

I love ATZ.

You've done a great job with the plasticville buildings.

Is that some sort of printed city map you're using for the streets?

Thanks for posting!

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 12:50:39 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun was had.

I echo the comment about the plastiville stuff, they look great.

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 01:33:50 AM »
Thanks for the comments. Still need a few more buildings to get the city all proper congested like. The city map is made out of black vinyl, the streets masked off with painter's tape, and dusted with gray primer spray. I used to use Worldworks Games streets but the boards I had them mounted to kept warping after a couple years heavy use. The vinyl just rolls up when we're done and stores nicely in a corner.

A lot of my ideas were lifted or inspired by the Skank Game site.

http://skankgame.com/Vinylmat.html

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 03:45:10 PM »
nice report and love that site. I use it for ideas also.