Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:10:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Some more Space Dwarf conversions.  (Read 7005 times)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Re: Some more Space Dwarf conversions.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »
The fourth Squat has now been sculpted:

The third one has been base-coated and washed ready for highlights and basing :) .

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 10:29:20 PM »
Another distraction... and funnily enough, another desecrated classic (in this case, a Warzone Vulkan battlesuit):

The one on the left is a dreadnought for my Dwarfs and the one on the right is a Dwarf with Tau kit... just for the hell of it :)

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 06:53:04 AM »
Another distraction... and funnily enough, another desecrated classic (in this case, a Warzone Vulkan battlesuit):
I have been loving these conversions as usual but you are right, such SACRILEGE to dissect a Vulkan like that. No matter the koolness actor.
Keep em coming.

Grimm

Offline tanktastic43

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 07:01:01 AM »
Great job!
I'm liking the weapon conversion and the dreadnaught is looking good.

tt43.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 08:29:36 AM »
I have been loving these conversions as usual but you are right, such SACRILEGE to dissect a Vulkan like that. No matter the koolness actor.
Keep em coming.

Grimm

Well... I have 32 of the Vulkans and this one was a bit chewed up (no backpack, dodgy leg) so I thought... what the heck :) .

He will be very much on his own though (unless I decide that I MUST make another one... but there are no plans to).

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 06:52:09 AM »
Well... I have 32 of the Vulkans and this one was a bit chewed up (no backpack, dodgy leg) so I thought... what the heck :) .

He will be very much on his own though (unless I decide that I MUST make another one... but there are no plans to).
It both hurts and feels good to look at it., I am so confused.  ;-)
What is the source of the legs on this little buddy?

Saw this over on Bugman's thought you might like this topic.
http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/topic/43815-squats-with-new-dwarf-models/#entry479949

Grimm

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »
Those linked-to Squats look pretty cool but I think he messed around with sizing in photoshop because those scout shotguns are massive in real life.

The legs on the Dread are from one of these (originally from Micropanzer, they are now available from Rebel Miniatures):

http://www.rebelminis.com/mewaandro.html

###EDIT###

Sorry, I misread the question as "what are the legs on this, little buddy?" so you got the Dread legs instead of the Squat legs. The Squat legs are chopped down, plastic Catachan Jungle Fighter legs... but I didn't really chop them down enough because he is too tall. For the next ones, I am using Chopped down Tau Firewarrior legs with Catachan feet :).

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:53:18 AM by Inso »

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 07:31:46 AM »
Those linked-to Squats look pretty cool but I think he messed around with sizing in photoshop because those scout shotguns are massive in real life.
Yeah, you can see that was a comment in the thread as well. But weapons are more easily modified than the proportions of the figures. The link was more of a "hey look at these converted dwarf/squat troops" type of comment. :-)

The legs on the Dread are from one of these (originally from Micropanzer, they are now available from Rebel Miniatures):

###EDIT###

Sorry, I misread the question as "what are the legs on this, little buddy?" so you got the Dread legs instead of the Squat legs. The Squat legs are chopped down, plastic Catachan Jungle Fighter legs... but I didn't really chop them down enough because he is too tall. For the next ones, I am using Chopped down Tau Firewarrior legs with Catachan feet :).
LOL you got it right the first time. "Little Buddy" referred to the Dread companion. But nice of you to reread and add more info. It is always appreciated. :-)

Grimm

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 06:40:24 PM »
I've got this far with a few more sculpts... and the dread is painted:

Lots more stuff here too:

http://insosworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/easter-sunday.html

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 06:43:52 PM »
Brilliant!
 8)

I am still trying to get my head around how well this works.
Genius.
 :D

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »
Wonderful, wasn't sure about the Tau usage at first but you have blended them well together :)

Would love to see some Chaos ones made

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »
Cheers, Mason :)

To be fair, the old IG miniatures are perfect for this because of their weird proportions and what better way to make extinct minis than to convert extinct minis :) ?

...and when the same amount of actual, plastic Squats cost around £200.00+ the £38.00 I spent on my 36 IG makes the project excellent value :D.

Chico, I can make chaos ones later but first I need to focus on getting the planned 42 finished (a platoon of standard Squats, a command squad and a sniper squad using the Tau bodies).

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 06:37:16 AM »
Chico, I can make chaos ones later but first I need to focus on getting the planned 42 finished (a platoon of standard Squats, a command squad and a sniper squad using the Tau bodies).
Yep, he needs to get a squad up and running sop he can start playing as I hear Squats are official again.
Oh wait, that's right. That Inso guy doesn't play. He just converts beautiful pieces to make us hate him.  :-)

Grimm

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 07:05:03 AM »
Yep, he needs to get a squad up and running sop he can start playing as I hear Squats are official again.
Oh wait, that's right. That Inso guy doesn't play. He just converts beautiful pieces to make us hate him.  :-)

Grimm

It's all about the muse :)

If I get too distracted by the next big thing, the current one gets shelved and doesn't get finished... so I want to get these done before I move on :).

No, I don't game... but that doesn't mean you should hate me  :'( :D

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 07:17:22 AM »
No, I don't game... but that doesn't mean you should hate me  :'( :D
If you look again. I didn't say you was hated for not gaming but for making beautiful models or conversions. Got to make sure the hatred is placed where it belongs.  :-)
Now get back to the 42.

Grimm