Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:31:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Khurasan previews 18mm Marlburian DUTCH  (Read 5299 times)

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
Re: Khurasan previews 18mm Marlburian DUTCH
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 04:56:39 PM »
Agree with the above. Its a totally different model, Khurasan is not the same to Eureka/AB and thus expecting the same thing from two very different businesses isn't doable.

Different model in what respect? Surely it would be an agency model like any other? Khurusan would need to balance his profits from current sales to the UK and Europe versus reduced profit per item (but on a hopefully larger volume of sales) via an agent.

If the price differential was less then I'd buy his figures - because they look wonderful. And I'm sure there are other people like me.

Offline Etranger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 03:23:07 AM »
Different model in what respect? Surely it would be an agency model like any other? Khurusan would need to balance his profits from current sales to the UK and Europe versus reduced profit per item (but on a hopefully larger volume of sales) via an agent.

If the price differential was less then I'd buy his figures - because they look wonderful. And I'm sure there are other people like me.

This is from what I can glean, & from discussion with Nic Robson. Please feel free to correct me Jon (& Nic!) Eureka is a full time business, which casts its own figures on site & IIRC also does some commission casting work for other businesses. There is also a retail shop & there are a number of employees. Nic is fulltime, I'm not sure about the others there.

Khurasan outsources the casting to a number of third parties. Jon puts it all together in his spare time, having a busy full time job as well. Orders are filled out of the stock that he carries. If he runs out of something, he has to order more, no casting to order.

Both models seem to work for their owners & I've got no difficulties in ordering from either, both have always provided me with excellent servce.
"It's only a flesh wound...."

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 08:18:23 PM »
So, it is a question of size and outsourcing production?

And I wasn't suggesting Eureka / Fighting 15s take on the job per se - they were just an example. Perhaps the answer might be to licence the moulds to an agent in Europe? Mr K gets a slice of any sales within Europe? Of course this is rather off the original subject of the thread!

So far, nobody I know is interested in this period / scale (but that hasn't stopped me before) - possibly I should start making a list for when my sister next comes to the UK....

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 03:06:56 PM »
Its release has made me far more interested in the period, there are nice figures for this conflict in 28mm, but this is definitely a conflict I couldn't imagine gaming in 28mm. 15 or 10mm seems far more adequate considering the numbers involved!

Easier to paint too, unless your eyes are giving up on you.