Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:54:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Battleline Miniatures 15mm SYW Late French - Royal Roussillon  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Peithetairos

• Scientist
    • DaggerandBrush
Hi all,

after the Eureka Grenzer review it is time to focus this time on a company that is not well know outside New Zealand (at least it appears that way). Apart from quite a sizeable 15mm collection they also offer 28mm Fantasy, Medieval, Samurai and Mongols.

Slightly hidden under the label 18th century they also have a 15mm SYW range, so far featuring British and French.

I got some of the French through a voucher and wrote a review featuring shots of bare tin and painted up miniatures.

I went for the regiment Royal Roussillon and also supply an overview of the colours used.

Check it out on my Blog.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:19:37 PM by Peithetairos »

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
    • One of My Men Became Restless
Re: Battleline Miniatures 15mm SYW Late French - Royal Roussillon
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 11:45:18 AM »
Well done! I love those mustaches.
"One of My Men Became Restless" focuses on 15mm Horse & Musket periods and 25mm Horse & Musket, Fantasy, Horror and Victorian everything! Occasionally there'll be stuff of related interest but it's mostly a painters blog.  See it all here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 12:23:24 PM »
Beautiful painting.

From your review: "Some of the miniatures have slightly misaligned halves". This has been my experience earlier in the year when I painted a DBA Moari army. If I was required to paint more than 36 figures; as filing that hard (which when the casting is clean is great) alloy was not fun, would result in me not being motivated to paint them.

Battleline has aquired ranges over the years:
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=168792

Which means that there's a slight hit-and-miss to a particular range's quality. That said, after this review I would consider them again.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Online Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:26:41 PM »
Well whatever the quality of the figures, these are very well painted none the less. The faces look very characterful and there's some nice basing that sets them off a treat. I know what you mean though with bad castings, I'm a Perry nut but sometimes their metal figures need a lot of work before painting. Still well worth the effort.

Offline Peithetairos

• Scientist
    • DaggerandBrush
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:45:30 AM »
Thank you for the positive comments regarding the paint job. They are nice enough sculpts, but as said in the review with a particular style. They remind me a bit of the style in the Asterix and Obelix comics.

The misalinged halves problem only affected a few of the miniatures, so it does not get too frustrating.