Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 05:18:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696689
  • Total Topics: 118781
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Stompa_Guy's Luna 1 Dredd and Dredd Conversion Thread  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Stompa_Guy

• Schoolboy
Stompa_Guy's Luna 1 Dredd and Dredd Conversion Thread
« on: June 14, 2014, 06:31:29 AM »
This thread will be for my Judge Dredd miniatures games conversions.  I'll just post them as I finish them.

I've had a couple of Judge Dredd Heroclix hanging around for a while and I've been trying to think of what to do with them. I thought maybe to make the Zombie Dredd that the Judge Child clone summoned up (Prog four hundred something, maybe 477?), and I thought to clip the bits off and make the Dark Judge that the Dark Judges turned The Joker into, and I thought of a few more things that seemed a bit too involved for me to tear myself away from other projects to start.

Well, a friend gave me some of the old Eagle Comics Dredds (even though I have a lot of the B&W complete case files, it's neat to have a few colored issues around.) and they were sitting in a stack next to my work desk and I saw Luna 1 Dredd on the cover and figured that would be something easy enough to do in an evening.

I looked through the big box of Heroclix I keep around for conversion parts and found a Clayface with a cape that fit Dredd pretty well (It even had upraised shoulders for Dredd's shoulder pads), carved off Dredd's badge and made an over-the-top comic style Luna 1 badge.  I can't freehand paint very well, but the Luna 1 logo on his cape is good enough for tabletop view.  I tried painting the eagle as well but it was such a mess I just painted over it.

Then I made a base, used a pin vise to drill into Dredd's foot and the base and pinned/glued him down.

Below is my Luna 1 Dredd and the original Heroclix Dredd.

And Dredd in action, well post action as the perp is already on a holding post waiting for a pat wagon.

More conversions as I do them.  Probably work on some citizens next.

Offline petercooman123

• Scientist
Re: Stompa_Guy's Luna 1 Dredd and Dredd Conversion Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:26:17 AM »
Missed this one when you posted. Really liking the scene! Any pics of the whole 'board'? The scenery looks  nicely done!

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
Re: Stompa_Guy's Luna 1 Dredd and Dredd Conversion Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 02:21:51 PM »
I'll second that - nice conversion, and I like the terrain too. Where did the wall behind the Judge and the Perp come from? The sign is fantastic - Guns, Ammo, Armour, and Liquor, at any time of the day or night. Besides snacks, what else could you possibly need?
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani