Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Genestealer Cult  (Read 27720 times)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Re: Genestealer Cult
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 07:16:45 AM »
Damnit Saturday, that one's nice!  :-* Consider this project well and truly followed!
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2014, 08:28:48 AM »
Very much looking forward to seeing this in action. I have a few dozen hybrids that I need to get painted. Really want to see where you get your limo from I'm already planning on stealing the idea :)
For brood brothers I bought some of these with bald heads and great coats https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/meridian-miniatures-steampunk-army
Hopefully they should fit the theme for me at least. Will you go down the cadian GW minis for brood brothers with some conversions to them?

Offline Mr Saturday

• Scientist
    • Mr Saturday's Mumblings
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »
Thanks all. As an army the cult throws up huge options for conversions, which is ma bag.

For brood brothers I bought some of these with bald heads and great coats https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/meridian-miniatures-steampunk-army
Hopefully they should fit the theme for me at least. Will you go down the cadian GW minis for brood brothers with some conversions to them?

@Beefcake, I actually picked up some Meridean great coats myself for the same reason. I won't be using Cadians. As my cult is a corrupted mechanicus temple, they'll be more like skitarii. Like the chap in the centre and right here:

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
awesome and icky at the same time!
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »
Its great to see this project get some honest-to-Hive-Mind, painted miniatures in hand traction.  Its going to be a good one :)

Regarding limos, if you go for the full on luxury vehicle in spaace (rather than some sort of AdMech vehicle with limo pretensions) then the Marx Cars of the Future have long struck me as a good coven limo chassis.

Image borrowed from Emperor Penguin

Lots of people use them for Fallout tables and I think that they fit in a Mega City One environment too.  I picked up a couple of sets for general civilian space cars (and a planned unit of future Ghostbusters) a few years ago and I can spare one or maybe two if you are interested.  I can take a photo with some suitable weirdos alongside for scale later if you are.

they'll be more like skitarii.

I far prefer the High elf skirts on those guys to the Dark elf one on the hybrid, which I think is too immediately identifiable.  The plain robe/skirts are  more in keeping with what I see as apt for Mechanicus.  I feel that I should say it now at this early stage rather than bring it up sixty miniatures later :)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:25:13 AM by cheetor »

Offline Mr Saturday

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »
Cheers, they do look good. With the ad mech thing though, I wonder how to keep things in theme. A tricked out limo is what I want, BUT, it has to fit into the mechanicus approach too. I fear industrial rather than sleek Jetsons style is the way I'll be going. It's a conundrum, and it's already giving me a headache. Cheers for the offer though, most generous, but I think I need to investigate further.

As to the robes, the high elf ones are less specific for sure, and I am going to use a bunch. A couple of people have mentioned they're not sure about the dark elf legs. I like it though, and went on anyway for this guy. This chap is a squad leader, maybe he'll fit in when the unit is done with his swanky boots and expensive skirt.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 06:34:18 PM »
I think this might work. Just add different 40k bits to it, to make it more Grim Dark.
http://dreamforge-games.com/products/eisenkern-apc-1
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Mr Saturday

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 06:56:20 PM »
It's got potential for sure. Maybe a little too sleek for my tastes, but it could be tarted up some.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 07:01:53 PM »
It may be well worth looking through the Ramshackle catalogue as you can buy parts.
You should be able to make something suitable from that amount of bits.
 ;)

http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/catalogue/RAMSHACKLE_GAMES_2013.pdf

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »
I picked up a couple of sets for general civilian space cars (and a planned unit of future Ghostbusters) a few years ago and I can spare one or maybe two if you are interested.  

As he's not interested, can I wrest them from you? I've had an ebay search running for months trying to get some for my Genestealer cult.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 08:37:35 PM »
I have a marx car and it looks great but I also thought (my historical war vehicle knowledge is very poor) that the armoured cards from Copplestone would fit with industrial Grim dark stuff really well. http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=VEH especially the very first on the list of vehicles.

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 09:02:14 PM »
The Marx cars are great, and I got them for the same mixed purposes as cheetor.
I would suggest Minarions' Spanish Civil War armoured truck:

a very nice kit, resin but done as if it were a plastic kit. And just right in scale.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 10:01:18 PM »
I would suggest Minarions' Spanish Civil War armoured truck:

That does look just the ticket.
I would be tempted to lose the turret, but otherwise looks just like an armoured Limo.
 8)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 07:26:54 AM »
Great start! That Minarion car(with the right conversion) would look amazing! Just change the gun in the turret and loose the wheels for some sort of anti-grav units.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »
There are two turret options, and eliminating both only leaves a small hole easily filled. Grand model, that. In the limo version I'd keep the wheels and add a 6mm scale genestealer as a bonnet ornament  :D