Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:12:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: .45 Adventure Old West/Floating Pyramids/Native Americans/Viking Raids Pictures  (Read 5939 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
I have a bunch of pictures from the Rattrap games at Historicon.

We only ran games on Saturday and managed to have a full house. I don't know what the attendance numbers were for Historicon, but from the dealers that I spoke with it seems that lots of people were buying.

First up is a .45 Adventure Old West game by Joey

That's followed by a Fantastic Worlds game from Mark Costello.

And here are some of Pete's Gloire game using Among the War Parties.

And finally some of my Broadsword Adventures game.

Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Damn good looking set of games there. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
I guess you had fun. lol
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline theoldschool

• Scientist
A fine set of game, looks like all the hard work was worth it.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Whow! That pyramid is cool. And actually, the rest is just as awesome, but that pyramid is rather striking!
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Did Pete make the Gloire board?

It's reet grand, is that (The others are too, I must add).
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
Pete did not build that himself. His grandfather, a model train hobbyist, offered to build it for him. The pictures I took do not do it justice. The little details in it are amazing.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray

It's reet grand, is that (The others are too, I must add).

I've passed on your remarks on to Grandpop.

I gave him some vague cocktail-napkin-sketch plans, and from it he produced this masterpiece. As Rich said, the details just aren't visible. I'm going to have to take some special photographs of it Gencon.

Offline flytime

• Librarian
    • http://soul-drinker.myblog.de/
Nice Pictures. Thank you!

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Top-hole work, Pete's Gramps!

I've never quite figured out where model railway types sit compared to us wargamers in the nerd hierarchy. Do we get to look down our noses at them and scoff at their geekish ways, or is it vice versa?  :)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
Let's see, the extreme in both cases wear silly hats and make noises when they play with their toys. They both spend way too many hours poring over details that no one but another geek would notice.

However, considering that setting up a train layout under the Christmas tree would be considered traditional but setting up Gallipoli  would be considered geeky, I have to believe they are slightly higher on the chain than us.
 lol lol

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
However, considering that setting up a train layout under the Christmas tree would be considered traditional but setting up Gallipoli  would be considered geeky, I have to believe they are slightly higher on the chain than us.

.........and they have more High Street magazines to read.

........and they have a local station to go and do research in.

........and they can travel in the vehicles any day of the week and noone would look twice at them.

........and they have more retail outlets.

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
I've never quite figured out where model railway types sit compared to us wargamers in the nerd hierarchy. Do we get to look down our noses at them and scoff at their geekish ways, or is it vice versa?  :)

I would say they're slightly higher. More people have put a train under a Christmas tree than have painted toy soldiers. Plus they scorn us for the wonky anatomy of most 28mm figures and the slightly toy-like qualities of our terrain.

But for all that, there are train people who rival the worst, most painful pedants of wargamers. I have spoken of the Narrow Gauge Taliban before...

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
Very nice ones all around! As I'm a 18th century fan, I'm especially intrigued by Pete's board. Those small items all over the board - are those encounter markers? These playing aids also look quite interesting. Do I see some stat cards? If so, what are they made from? Seem to be very durable; would be nice to have such things for my next participation game.
Only thing enhancing the look massively would've been to paint the edges of the board. ;)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
I love all those boards, but the floating pyramid takes the gold! If that didn't win some award for creativity, then something is very amiss at Historicon :)

How cool to have a grandfather who's a railroad modeller. My father would have probably ranked very low in the modeller's hierarchy as his medium of choice was Legos (you heard me), but he could build the most beautiful taifa-era Spanish castles out of them. I never got the chance to buy him some Hirst Arts molds as I'd been meaning to for years.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino