Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:48:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Post WWII & Modern Imagi-Nations  (Read 112839 times)

Offline Wipeout

• Student
Re: Post WWII & Modern Imagi-Nations
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »
Hi Arlequin,
Great idea to corral these ideas together.

I missed this when I posted  to the "wars that came in from the cold" forum earlier, so apologies for the duplication, but my sons and I have started playing a series of battles in the imagi-nation of Bangui (pronounced Ban-goo-ee, to differentiate it from the Central African Republic capital of the real world!). Can't claim much real novelty - it too is a pretend African country, beset by internal insurgency and threatened by a neighbour, Badistan, receiving gradually more significant western assistance.

The battles so far are in our modern battle reports at:

http://www.wipeoutwargames.com/battle-reports#/modern/

Regards,

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 06:04:27 PM »
Hi yourself wipeout.  :)

This thread is more a 'directory' of what people have got going on, so no reason you can't have a thread devoted to your particular one.

Offline BigSean

• Student
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 01:23:53 PM »
First post on the forum, long time stalker and thought what would be better than to share my African Imagination with you all.

http://www.natonga.blogspot.com

Natonga is a South Western African nation, former British Colony with military ties to their former colonisers. A group of militants have protested this military Union and are fighting tooth and nail to make sure their points are heard and their demands are met. There's plenty of things to keep you occupied: Insurgents, Riots, SAS etc.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 02:02:28 PM »
Wow. I think that Zugando and Natonga are almost neighbours. I sure hope the civil war in Zugando doesn't destabilise the region... ;)

Nice blog- I am following it from the Hotel Zugando blog.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:34:03 PM by Rob_bresnen »
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 05:24:48 PM »
This is the problem with Africa, once one nation drops down the toilet, its neighbours get dragged to edge of the abyss too... see what you've caused Rob?

;)

Offline BigSean

• Student
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »
Hopefully not, Rob! The people's of Natonga, those who are rioting, have taken influence from other protests in the continent so maybe Zugando has had a knock on effect.

Just wanted to say, though, that I am a big fan of your blog and it's one of the sources that inspired me to start my own blog up! Keep up the good work mate.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 02:08:35 PM »
That is very kind. Thank you. I hope to paint some more Zugandan stuff for the Lead Painters League so that will mean I will be posting soon.

Offline BigSean

• Student
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 09:45:35 PM »
I look forward to whatever else you've got coming up, hopefully some more insurgent types!

I'm not sure what the rules are about more than one imagination but I also have started an Eastern European imagination circa 1999-2000. It's called Bastonia and follows an armed insurgency against the government. Irish peacekeepers, too. So please take a look if you fancy it.

http://www.bastonia.blogspot.com

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 06:55:45 PM »
"Rules? We don' need no steenkin' rules..." was the response of the General Secretary of the Imagination United Nations (IUN) to your query.

;)

Have as many as you like. We are getting close to having enough for me to begin listing them on the first post as promised. Would you folks prefer them just in alphabetical order, or grouped by region and in alphabetical order? (I favour the latter btw).

:)

Offline BigSean

• Student
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 10:18:39 PM »
 :)

That's good to know! I've got so many ideas I could have an ImagiWorld going on. But let's not get to that.

As for your question, I think grouping them by continent, alphabetically, is a great idea.

Cheers,
Sean.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 08:52:57 AM »
Me too.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 11:25:04 AM »
Just to be clear - I personally would prefer fully-functioning Imagi-Nations on the list, rather than ideas people have had and have since dropped.

*puts own hand up here*  ::)

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2015, 07:55:01 AM »
I'm still working on Ukuechana. Giving it's own little blog which I'm working on.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2015, 02:45:31 PM »
The civil war in Zugando is still brewing, but might boil over at anytime (Translated: Still active/ongoing project)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 06:40:03 PM »
I can live with 'in preparation' and 'slow progression', but wargamers are easily distracted. I have lost count of things I have come across that I have thought were great, but which had died off even before I found them. That being said I live in a glass house in this regard myself, so perhaps I should not be picking up stones.

:D