Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:26:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Civilians for Wargaming Periods  (Read 10995 times)

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
Re: Civilians for Wargaming Periods
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2014, 10:53:46 AM »
Now on Foundry's front page:

We will be at both the SELWG SHOW: Crystal Palace, National Sports Centre, October 12th and CRISIS, Antwerp, Belgium, November 1st
--
We will be bringing 15 metres of show stand to SELWG, so we will have rather more stock than in the past.
--
Also appearing (for the first time) is our Horse and Musket Blackpowder Revolutionary Mob range: featuring armed and enraged civilians suitable for the period from the American and French Revolutions, through the Vendee Uprising and on to the various unpleasantnesses in South America and through Europe.

As an occasional Carnevale player, I can't wait to see what they've got. Someone post a pictorial report, please...

From the same announcement:

we have taken the opportunity to bring more of our most popular fantasy items (including the much requested return, after quite a number of years now, of our Kevin Adams' Orc ranges)

Offline Arteis

• Scientist
    • My 'Dressing the Lines' blog
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2014, 04:57:50 AM »

Roly Hermans
Paraparaumu, New Zealand

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »
I quite like them, even though they might not be the best sculpts ever. There are certainly some useful figures- I never thought I would find a civilian artillery crew, and the female civilians look nice too. The mounted figure with a scythe is a bit odd- I am pretty sure t would be impossible to wield a scythe while mounted, but it would be a piece of cake to convert the scythe to a spear.
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2014, 12:34:42 PM »
Rob, nice topic on civilians.
I´ve being reading this topic with enthusiasm since i love civilians in my games.
I´m doing a project of gangs of rome (as well as others) so civilians would be necessary.
Wargames foundry and Eureka are two of the manufacturers that have more unarmed civilians available for several periods

Rob, for your napoleonic project check Empress miniatures for a pack of civilians that are suitable for that period.

Without wanting to abuse of this topic and from Rob, if all of you find suitable civilians for any period please put pictures so that it may help more on our search for them and decide if they are suitable or not.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2014, 08:54:44 PM »
You mean these? Very nice Paul Hicks sculpts I would say. The ladies dresses are possible a tiny bit late for the Napoleonic period, but close enough if you are not an obsessive Jane Austen fan.

Mr Hicks also did these French Scientists for Brigade games that are on my wish list next time I put in an order to Brigade.

I think the idea of posting civvie photos (of any genre) in this thread is an excellent idea as it will make this a useful resource for everyone.

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2014, 01:33:55 AM »
Yup. That same pack Rob.
Tankyou for the support on the pictures.

I havent noticed that Brigade Games pack for napoleonics. Nice ones.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2014, 10:10:08 AM »
You mean these? Very nice Paul Hicks sculpts I would say. The ladies dresses are possible a tiny bit late for the Napoleonic period, but close enough if you are not an obsessive Jane Austen fan.

William Makepeace Thackeray drew his own illustrations for Vanity Fair.  In a note, he explained that he had not drawn the women in authentic Regency period costume, because he thought it was too ugly and unflattering.  Look upon these as your Thackeray minis!