Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:17:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Possible new range of 20mm ACW  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Lancer

• Librarian
    • lancerminiatures.com
Possible new range of 20mm ACW
« on: August 20, 2014, 07:28:08 AM »
I have been asked the question a few times and thought it was time to start planning. Some of you may have seen my SYW range of 20mm figures, so will know they do not match plastics, problem I find with doing them in metal is they just look too skinny and lanky  if they have to stand next to plastic and of course have to thicken things like the musket out so it doesn't snap if you stare at it. So my first question would you be happy with the fact they would be 20mm not 25mm like most plastics, so in affect a stand alone range. In fact is there even a market for 20mm ACW and the advantages it brings.
Appreciate your help guys.
lancerminiatures.com

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Re: Possible new range of 20mm ACW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 05:46:43 PM »
Hello Lancer

About your SYW miniatures, are they compatible for example with Newline Designs?

For ACW you have in metal both Newline Designs, Tumbling Dice Uk and Kennington (SHQ) and probably others i dont know.
I have from the 3 manufacturers and i find that both Kennington and TD mix well and that Newline is slightly smaller but not a big diference.

My opinion is if you are going to make a new ACW range at least you should see the size of others and make it compatible with at least one of them so that people can mix miniatures on the same army.

About available market i think it exists and specially in both UK and USA.
What i find it non existence is buildings and other structures for 20mm.

Cheers

Rui

Offline Lancer

• Librarian
    • lancerminiatures.com
Re: Possible new range of 20mm ACW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 10:24:18 AM »
Hi. Easy answer is no. Have seen it done and I have a customer who does mix not in the same unit but in same army, but I am a bit of a purist. When I started the range it was and still is my intention to be able to fight battles like Minden, the fact they didn't really match other figures never bothered me as I wanted them as a stand alone range with there own character ie very much front rank but in 20mm.
If I go down the ACW route I realise I would have to match other figures, and a bit reluctant  I still like 20mm to be 20mm not scale creep up to 25mm.