Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Toy soldiers to topic Ukrainian crisis  (Read 4388 times)

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Re: Toy soldiers to topic Ukrainian crisis
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 11:14:10 AM »
I would like to remind posters that I merely suggested to critically question certain things.
I did not condemn gaming recent conflicts or accuse anyone or anything.

I have my personal threshold in this matter, and I personally think that the toy soldiers shown above are not wargaming miniatures, but political propaganda, in the same way german kids had elastolin toy soldiers in the 1940ies and before, and that were useful in furthering their acceptance of war.
In this context I think these toy soldiers do not belong to our hobby. Which idea I described in my post above.
If posters prefer to incite a hot discussion about other things instead of taking a break and using the grey matter between the ears, well, suit yourself.

my approach to whether conflicts are chilled enough to game them, well, I would suggest going to refugee camps all over the world, pick any, and see how entertaining the people there find our hobby.....

but this is merely my personal oppinion which I wish not to impose on anyone. My suggestion was about introspection that can only take place outside the internet....

I think you may be overreacting and being a tad insulting in some of your comments there. So lets tone it down.

Personally I do no see how the model things above could be used in wargaming. There are plenty of better quality figures of a similar ilk (ish) made specifically for wargaming.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
Re: Toy soldiers to topic Ukrainian crisis
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 11:34:57 AM »
As you are all aware, discussion of 'current affairs' is not permitted - this extends to the discussion of whether or not gaming a particular conflict is moral, ethical or in bad taste.

By all means discuss the merits, usefulness and detail of the figures themselves, but not the reasons 'why' anyone would want to use them for their intended setting.

I think all that can be said about the figures has been said. Topic Locked.