Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:48:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689333
  • Total Topics: 118274
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Whitechapel Project Phase 1 finished  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
Whitechapel Project Phase 1 finished
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:23:36 PM »

http://www.arnicarealestate.com/whitechapel-project.htm

I have finally finished, or nearly finished my first real batch of buildings. 5 2-story residential and commercial pieces and 2 warehouses. I'm interested to hear all your opinions critiques. After doing this batch I have come to several conclusions about further development and would be interested hearing your opinions.

Casting the wall sections in individual stories makes for a much more complicated assembly and I am thinking of making the final offerings wall sections in one, two or three story options and casting each wall as a single piece. When putting these together I ended up gluing the individual stories together anyway to make them more stable. The roof is still removable and I will probably put a second story interior floor in to make it easier to place figures in the building.

When making these available, especially to overseas friends, I am considering the actual molds available for purchase to interested individuals.

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Whitechapel Project Phase 1 finished
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 11:39:42 PM »
They'd look better as single piece walls and as you said, it would make assembly easier. To be honest, while I like being able to put figures inside buildings, I don't remember any occasion where I'd be bothered about which floor they were on. I'd just get irritated if I had to keep taking them on and off. I think having the split at roof level would be fine.

All that said, I really like them and would like a set of molds  :D

Only question would be; have you got a step for "2 up, 2 down" front doors? The doors start quite a way off the floor.

Also, you want to trade a couple of the Forge World buildings for a full set of molds.... o_o.... you've already bought a coaching inn....... you need to trade.. o_o
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »
I get really peeved off with removing roofs and inner floors when trying to put figures on ground floors etc . Also seeing as your walls are presumably quite thick with narrow interiors I'd think that if you were able to assemble each floor as a box so they were removable that would make game play faster.
I really like the look of these but have no use for them (at the moment) so you may want to ignore my opinion. :)

Offline Rabbitz

• Mad Scientist
    • Unit57
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 11:54:19 AM »
Just a couple of questions,

How soon can we lesser mortals get our grubby mits on them.

What kind of price figure do you have in mind for the moulds (I live in Australia so buildings would be very expensive to post... i imagine)

Oh and did I ask how soon can we get them?

They are really stunning  :-*
Integrity is non negotiable

My little blog

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 12:22:48 PM »
Hi,
I think they are looking great and can see a market for them.
As to how to sell them, its difficult to say - Flat packed individual wall sections would make most sense as they are easier to ship etc.
But I like the idea of a single piece casting like a stackable box idea as previously stated.
Selling the moulds I see a demand for too, so sorry I haven't given you a definative answer, but see everybody as having a different opinion based on how easy they want the model to be when putting it together and its versatility to provide more than one building when made. :?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »
I would be interested however as already said the price is the thing and also casting my own might be problematic. Are they resin or palster molds? how many buildings would you get out of them as I can get a mate to make some for me

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 10:47:30 PM »
I am thinking I would be intersted in both purchesing buildings and moldes. that is if I hand any clue as to how to cast stuff, :P
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline SgtPerry

• Mad Scientist
    • Perry's Heroes
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 07:08:17 AM »
Mike,

that's another superb and impressive work that you have done!

:o

Olivier