Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:15:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Russian figures I would like to see  (Read 6621 times)

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
Russian figures I would like to see
« on: September 03, 2008, 11:53:35 AM »
After wandering through all the WW1 and Civil; War photos I can find I think there are 2 or possibly even three figures that I would like to see produced to give that peculiar Russian flavour.  I'm not talking about combat figures here but figures that appear in practically every photo, the bystanders.

1. The standing peasant, often in fur hat, well wrapped up against the weather is to be found standing beside the train, on the street wantching the soldiers pass or just "there".

2. More often the babushka, the Russian oeasant woman with full skirt, coat, headsquare and  shawl, often arms folded,  can been seen in practically every photograph.

3. The standing soldier. not doing anything very much, waiting beside a horse or for a train, standing on the street or taliking to the peasant, peasant woman or another soldier.

In 28mm these could be bit players in the scenario.  Ideally I would like to see these in 1:87 (HO) scale as well where they could populate my railway station in their scores.  But in whatever scale they would be a valuable addition to the  RCW and WW1 scene.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Re: Russian figures I would like to see
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:38:24 PM »
Preiser do a peasant set with some carts. Very nice to.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Mosstrooper

• Scientist
  • old enough to know better !
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 05:25:17 PM »
Dismounted cavalry would be nice, nobody ever does dismounted cavalry (mini rant !)

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 02:57:39 PM »
Dismounted cavalry would be nice, nobody ever does dismounted cavalry (mini rant !)

Agreed, and Horse Artillery crews...

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 07:23:38 AM »
Given that most of the Copplestone and Brigade figures are pretty lightly equipped, I'm not sure why you couldn't use the standard infantry figures as dismounted cavalry. If bayonets offend, snip 'em off. If you want them to look more distinctive paint blue breeches, although khaki was just as likely historically. Pretty sure some of the Copplestone standard bearers would make horseholders with a little effort. Black tree Design do some NKVD, WW 2 era that convert quite nicely. I've painted some up as dismounted cavalry. Still more toys are always appreciated.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline lawkeeper

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 09:31:22 AM »
I'm not sure why you couldn't use the standard infantry figures as dismounted cavalry. standard bearers would make horseholders

Fully agree. There was not much differense between infantry and cavalry (acpecially for Red army befor 1920). All we need - may be - dismounted cossaks (plastuny) in "cherkeska'

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:55:05 PM »
Given that most of the Copplestone and Brigade figures are pretty lightly equipped, I'm not sure why you couldn't use the standard infantry figures as dismounted cavalry. If bayonets offend, snip 'em off. If you want them to look more distinctive paint blue breeches, although khaki was just as likely historically. Pretty sure some of the Copplestone standard bearers would make horseholders with a little effort. Black tree Design do some NKVD, WW 2 era that convert quite nicely. I've painted some up as dismounted cavalry. Still more toys are always appreciated.

I feel that because different boots issued to cavalry, the fact that they didn't wear gaiters, and that current infantry figures don't carry sabres, I would like some specifically cavalry figures - that's all.

Offline Mosstrooper

• Scientist
  • old enough to know better !
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 03:57:31 PM »
And some more 'skirmishie' type poses for dismounted cavalry !

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 08:50:38 PM »
How about an orthodox priest ?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Musketeer

• Scientist
    • Footsore Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 10:06:27 PM »
Brigade in the US do a nice one.  :)
Cheers

Bill

"I see lead people"

http://footsoreminiatures.co.uk/

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 12:59:24 PM »
Does anyone make agitators in civilian clothes? I was watching some of the mob scenes in Doctor Zhivago this weekend and it occurred to me that I didn't recall seeing any specific figures for it, although I have several stand-ins from the West Wind London Mob and london Civilians packs.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 01:12:37 PM »
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 03:30:52 PM »
Thanks. I actually own those but had forgotten all about them. The monks might work, but I think the Transylvanians would look too out of place alongside the glorious revolutionaries.

Offline koz10

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 09:12:57 PM »
I finished sculpting a partisan standard bearer for my Ukrainian anrachists. I am 99% done with a sculpt of their commander, Nestor Makhno. Next in the works is his right hand man, Fyodor Schuss. Cool stuff.

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 11:00:57 AM »
I finished sculpting a partisan standard bearer for my Ukrainian anrachists. I am 99% done with a sculpt of their commander, Nestor Makhno. Next in the works is his right hand man, Fyodor Schuss. Cool stuff.

And any female partizans, female snipers and camp followers?
Makhno had quite a few!
argsilverson