Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:52:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: I hate enquiry forms on web shops.  (Read 1913 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
I hate enquiry forms on web shops.
« on: January 14, 2015, 09:06:21 AM »
Maybe there's a different name for them, but I'm talking about those "contact us!" widgets on webshops where you type your email and then a message.

I swear, I don't believe I have ever received a reply, even once when using those things out of a dozen times I've seen them come up on hobby or miniatures websites. I've asked about stock availability, future releases, shipping costs, or whatever, but never is there a reply when I use those stupid bloody forms. Why is it so damned hard for retailers to just put up an email address so I can ask direct?

>:(

/end rant.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Re: I hate enquiry forms on web shops.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 07:08:53 AM »
Most "contact me" type forms are just a front-end for an email sent to whoever owns the form, so it's not the fault of the contact form the business owners in question don't actually want your business. They'd likely be just as unresponsive with a simple email link.  lol

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 03:52:24 PM »
Oh I know that all they do is generate an email. There's just an oddly coincidental overlap between "Sites that use those forms" and "Sites that don't reply to my inquiries".

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 04:28:00 PM »
It appears to be just an extra layer businesses put between themselves and their customers to avoid any direct contact.

If you or your employees don't respond to emails properly, I don't see how taking a step back from direct accountability is going to help!

There's a cheesy phrase in Sales and Customer Service training - 'Taking responsibility'. Basically if you take the call, or the email, or whatever, that problem belongs to you. If you need to pass it on to the relevant department, you need to keep tabs on it and make sure it is resolved or that you personally have directed that customer as far as you can.

Doesn't always happen.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 06:23:07 PM »
Ha, I know that supposed process all-too-well. In my experience, that RARELY happens.

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 06:53:04 PM »
For us, we just use the "contact us" as an easy way for someone to email us when they don't have our normal email address. These messages are all forwarded directly to my mila@pulpalley.com address. I don't always check that email every day but I think I've replied to everyone that has sent me a message, normally the same day and at worst maybe 2-3 days later.

We have used them on other sites and never received a response, so we try not to be like that.

Most "contact me" type forms are just a front-end for an email sent to whoever owns the form, so it's not the fault of the contact form the business owners in question don't actually want your business. They'd likely be just as unresponsive with a simple email link.  lol

Agreed. If they aren't answering the "contact us" emails then they probably don't answer other emails as well.

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com