Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:40:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691136
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Ebob Miniatures  (Read 5203 times)

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Ebob Miniatures
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 07:16:02 PM »
You never know what someone is going through..... I had a series of really bad stuff happen to me all in what seemed quick succession and it cost me dear in customers for my painting business.

Misdiagnosed with Lung Cancer (took a while to find out I was OK), told I had emphysema!!, I just got more and more breathless as time went on, pretty much gave upon life, deep clinical depression (I'd always been very active), turned out that I'd had more than one heart attack! Stent fitted. Then I lost my partner of 13 years- she just asked me to leave- I don't blame her either. Basically it took a very long time for me to get to where I am now and I guess that I'm saying that often it's worth giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I know that at times gone by as explained above, it was almost impossible for me to physically get out of bed due to serious depression. I don't mind talking openly about it now, I'm much fitter than I have been for years (ironic as I was never what you would call unfit).

Of course, there are rogues out there but I reckon they are few and far between in our hobby.

Sorry for getting all serious and giving you the blues jam, I just think that it's worth giving folk the benefit of the doubt at times. This is in no way mean't to be critical of you- it sounds like you have been very patient.

Darrell.

Darrell,

You are absolutely right, which is why I made polite e-mail enquiries and was willing to wait two and a half months before taking any sort of action. As it transpires, Bob has sorted it all out to my satisfaction and I will be ordering from eBob again. Bob was very apologetic and has not lost me as a customer. He seems to be a very nice and genuine person.

I was very moved by your situation and I sincerely hope all goes well for you in the future.

Threads like this do have value (although perhaps not in this case) as people are warned to be careful, witness the thread here on Black Cat Bases.

I agree with the benefit of doubt, as you say, most people in this hobby are very genuine and helpful.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 06:43:29 AM »
Darrell,

You are absolutely right, which is why I made polite e-mail enquiries and was willing to wait two and a half months before taking any sort of action. As it transpires, Bob has sorted it all out to my satisfaction and I will be ordering from eBob again. Bob was very apologetic and has not lost me as a customer. He seems to be a very nice and genuine person.

I've never ordered from him, despite the fact that he has access to the old Hudson and Allen Medieval range which I love- I keep meaning to but somehow I always seem to forget to do it  o_o!

I was very moved by your situation and I sincerely hope all goes well for you in the future.

That's very kind of you to say so- I've moved forward since those very emotional days and I'm now more or less fully back into the hobby which to be honest has been a godsend. I don't know what i would have done if I didn't have the hobby to fall back upon.

Threads like this do have value (although perhaps not in this case) as people are warned to be careful, witness the thread here on Black Cat Bases.

I agree with the benefit of doubt, as you say, most people in this hobby are very genuine and helpful.

I agree on both counts. It's really important to have the info out there, at the same time I think that too many folk are part of the "me" generation, where all they care about is themselves and immediate gratification. I''m glad to see your patience and indeed your honestly regarding the issue.  :)

Darrell.

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 10:24:04 AM »
He did refund me in the end but I would still be waiting now if I hadn't gone to lengths I should not have had to get a response from him. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but after loosing money on more than one occasion I am not as patient as I once was.  It helps now that PayPal have extended the time you can make a claim but I will never again let the time exceed that.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »
He did refund me in the end but I would still be waiting now if I hadn't gone to lengths I should not have had to get a response from him. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but after loosing money on more than one occasion I am not as patient as I once was.  It helps now that PayPal have extended the time you can make a claim but I will never again let the time exceed that.

Fair comment  :)

Darrell.

Offline qazbnm

• Librarian
    • http://qazbnmsreturn.blogspot.se
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 04:23:47 PM »
Is ebob still having issues or can I order some of those brilliant normans and expect them soon...ish?

(Sorry for the threadomancy but I thought it would be more appropriate to reply here than starting a new thread)

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 08:19:46 PM »
Hopefully they come through for you as they are lovely figures

They did arrive after I'd queried the goods / refund in October. The new metal order had just arrived and he had been casting up back orders.....turned up a few days later. Simply beautiful sculpts and castings.