Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691108
  • Total Topics: 118374
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Ebob Miniatures  (Read 5201 times)

Online Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
(COMMERCIAL) Ebob Miniatures
« on: January 16, 2015, 08:42:08 PM »
Has anyone ordered from them recently?

I placed an order in September and after chasing it in October I go a message saying he was waiting on the casters. I chased again at the end of November and heard nothing. I have just chased again but don't hold up much hope. I was told to try and contact them via Facebook but after another week no replies to emails or on Facebook.

I have brought stuff from them in the past without issues but now I am wondering if they are still going or is a case of buyers beware?

Offline redeaston

• Bookworm
Re: Ebob Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:59:40 AM »
I have a similar problem but it was November for me.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 09:10:54 AM »
Not heard anything on any of the forums.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 03:36:09 PM »
I placed an order before Christmas and received an email very promptly explaining that some items were available but others were awaiting casting and offered to refund my money if I didn't want to wait.  We agreed to split the order and I received the available items a couple of days later.  I am still waiting for the final order to be filled but given Bob's quick response in the first instance I am happy to wait a little longer to get the final couple of items.

Online Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Ebob Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »
Unfortunately I haven't had any response to any emails since october

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 04:02:12 PM »
I placed an order before Christmas and received an email very promptly explaining that some items were available but others were awaiting casting and offered to refund my money if I didn't want to wait. 

This was my experience too, I was in no hurry at all so just waited.  It was a long time but everything came no problem.
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 07:23:38 PM »
Tried a couple of mails trying to get some buildings but no answer in the last couple of weeks.

Anyone know if the Scotish buildings are available elsewhere?

Offline redeaston

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 08:26:34 AM »
I finally got my stuff yesterday after he lied to the mail I sent on Monday.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 12:25:42 PM »
I made an order on 9/4/15 but did not receive it. I sent an e-mail enquiry to the website address on 17/5/15 but received no reply. I e-mailed again on 2/6/15 but again, no reply. I have now made it a PayPal case.

It's only £6.50 but it's the principal. If I had received any reply giving a reason for delay then I would have been happy to wait as I have purchased from them before with no issues. It's the lack of response that annoys me. We'll see what happens.

Online Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 12:39:28 PM »
I ended up getting a refund.  I had to contact him through Facebook I think in the end.  He said my emails were going to his spam but he had replied to ones earlier.  I have bought stuff from them in the past with no problems but would not again unless they sort out the communication issues.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »
Oops....ordered a set of Normans a couple of weeks ago......forgot about this thread.....

Online Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 04:52:35 PM »
Oops....ordered a set of Normans a couple of weeks ago......forgot about this thread.....

Hopefully they come through for you as they are lovely figures

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 04:52:48 PM »
Contacted me straight after raising PayPal case. Bob has posted my order today and has added some freebies to make up for the delay. Delivery expected tomorrow.

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 01:35:49 PM »
Miniatures arrived today as promised. I also received an e-mail apology and a couple of freebies, so I'm satisfied now, case closed.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 04:40:24 PM »
You never know what someone is going through..... I had a series of really bad stuff happen to me all in what seemed quick succession and it cost me dear in customers for my painting business.

Misdiagnosed with Lung Cancer (took a while to find out I was OK), told I had emphysema!!, I just got more and more breathless as time went on, pretty much gave upon life, deep clinical depression (I'd always been very active), turned out that I'd had more than one heart attack! Stent fitted. Then I lost my partner of 13 years- she just asked me to leave- I don't blame her either. Basically it took a very long time for me to get to where I am now and I guess that I'm saying that often it's worth giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I know that at times gone by as explained above, it was almost impossible for me to physically get out of bed due to serious depression. I don't mind talking openly about it now, I'm much fitter than I have been for years (ironic as I was never what you would call unfit).

Of course, there are rogues out there but I reckon they are few and far between in our hobby.

Sorry for getting all serious and giving you the blues jam, I just think that it's worth giving folk the benefit of the doubt at times. This is in no way mean't to be critical of you- it sounds like you have been very patient.

Darrell.