Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Infinity] Starting up my Morat Agression Force  (Read 3892 times)

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
[Infinity] Starting up my Morat Agression Force
« on: January 31, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »
So I finally took the plunge and started my first Infinity army - Combined Army (Morat Agression Force)

I'm really liking these miniatures and it's quite a pleasure to take the time and only paint up one of the models at a time rather than my usual regimented-painting-assembly-line. Hope you like them as well :)

Offline Sundodger_6

• Lurker
Re: [Infinity] Starting up my Morat Agression Force
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 04:21:34 PM »
Love the color scheme and basing, you have convinced me to take the plunge.  My local shop is having a beginners infinity gaming league for the month of February.

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »
very nice im going full on the morats the game is so good and works, always impressed with there web site and content

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 04:37:08 PM »
@Sundodger_6 - Cheers! Took me quite some time and repaints to figure out the scheme for them. Just can't shake my love for desert-schemes it seems :)

@shadowking1957 - It is quite a fun little game; it won't make my "one-game-to-rule-them-all"-list, but it's the best pick-up game that is easily accesible in my parts :)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 06:37:40 PM »
Very nice. I have a set of those primed and in the queue. Hope they turn out half as nice as yours.

Offline Rhelyk

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »
I also have a set of those on my painting queue. Khaki w/ drab pants is a really good look for them too, really compliments the red skin and gives them a proper military look. Makes em look like alien soldiers, not just alien invaders. I'm going for a similar scheme for my Haqqislam once I get around to them, though my morats will be standard black w/ red accents. Green skin for my Morats, I want some Space Orcs!

The game is quite fun, if complicated (in a good way). LOTS of special rules to get your head around. Finally got a friend into it with the new 2 player starter and playing those missions is a nice way to learn the rules. The Infinity message board has a thread about using Morats in the starter missions, replacing one side or the other with Morat equivelants. If anybody in your group picked up Icestorm and will let you borrow the missions/terrain then it's a great way to get playing, and you gotta love any company so confident in the quality of their minis and their printed books that they give you the full digital rulebook for free!

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 07:53:50 PM »
Nice theme Torben. I love the bases they compliment the figs perfectly.

I've not really read the new rules through yet, but they do seem to have clarified a lot of stuff.

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 08:36:22 PM »
Good stuff so far :)